INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Registration process is rediculous.  (Read 2088 times)

mdshullaw

• Recent member
Registration process is rediculous.
« on: June 24, 2002, 05:02:01 pm »

It pains me to say this, but the idea of being told a person can restore MJ 6 times in a year, and then after that you have to BUY a new license, is rediculous. We are buying the software, not renting it. This, coupled with the fact that you had people ask for support of version 7.2 and flat out refused them support of a version only one number back, is enough to scare me away from registering this product. I like MJ, but these are serious issues that need to be addressed. Goodbye, and good luck in the future.

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:Registration process is rediculous.
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2002, 05:08:35 pm »

bye.  don't forget to write.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

Chico

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2002, 07:39:55 pm »

Next Page

mdshullaw

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2002, 10:56:50 pm »

I strongly suggest that you turn over customer relations to someone that has experience at this, because being rude and making fun of your customers that are asking for help or making suggestions, is not only arrogant, it's really dumb.  Especially considering all the other excellent media players out there nowadays. I am uninstalling MJ now, so I wont be around to read your reply. I just strongly suggest you learn to treat your customers with respect. Remember, your software is not free. As a matter of fact, its pretty expensive compared to many other excellent Media players I've seen, and considering the fact that MJ has a pretty good number of bugs in it, your customers are not only going to need your support, they paid for it. That's all I have to say...

Roger the Shrubber

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2002, 03:43:07 am »

mdshullaw,

The closing sentence of your first post was very much a parting shot, at whatever price. Don't walk away after making vague critical statements and expect a PR response.

(btw, sp = rIdiculous)

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2002, 04:50:35 am »

Roger the Shrubber

people who pirate normaly get mad like that
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

mdshullaw

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2002, 10:47:05 am »

After an email from Jim, I am confortable registering the program now. He was polite, and very helpful. We all have bad days, and we were both having one yesterday. I got the answers I was seeking, and he listened to my opinions. MJ is a great program, and with a little more attention toward support, it could be, and probably will be, the best. I'm going to register it today. Thanks again Jim, I appreciate you responding promptly to the situation.

Harry The Hipster

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2002, 11:10:14 am »

Welcome back, Mullashaw. Glad the two of you patched this over. It is indeed a great program, with unmatched support (forget the pun, OK?). Look forward to your contributions in the forum.

HTH

Listening to: 'Gone With The Wind' from 'Presenting Ernie Henry' by 'Ernie Henry' on Media Jukebox

mdshullaw

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2002, 11:16:52 am »

Thanks for the kind words Harry. Although there are other media players out there, none of them have anywhere near all the features that MJ has. The TV Tuner card support was the icing on the cake for me. You can truly play it all from one program. As far as I know, nobody else can make that claim!

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2002, 11:43:59 am »

Welcome back, Mike.  

Harry the Hipster said the other day that this place was a kind of pub, where people knew each other and interesting things sometimes happened.  I agree.  Sometimes it's happy here, even silly or giddy, and sometimes it's a little crabby.  People get in fights, spill drinks on each other, and head for the door.  In the end, we often find ourselves back the next night, ready for whatever comes through the door.  It's usually a good place.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

SeanC

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2002, 11:47:12 am »

The 'JRiver way' isn't perfect by a long shot.  The software is made available to the public earlier than most developers are comfortable releasing it, so folks are exposed to more bugs.  One of the the trade-offs is that the bugs get fixed MUCH faster than with other companies, because so many people can assist with bug-identification.

This forum can also be a little quick to jump on people at times - I sometimes wish it were a slightly warmer and friendlier place.

On balance, though, despite the shortcomings and occasional rough edges, I think the 'JRiver way' is the best compromise I have ever seen in a software development company.  I run a small software company as my day job, and I would be very lucky to ever be as good at it as JRiver is.

Chico

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2002, 07:51:35 am »

Glad ya got things straightenned up, Mullashaw.  Welcome.
Hope you have have as many happy hours with Media Jukebox and JRiver interact as I have.
Good to have ya on board.

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2002, 04:21:02 pm »

Sniff, sniff.
KingSparta, give me a hug.
Or I'm willing to give the pub idea a try. How about a pint, instead?
Just kidding, I really like this place and am glad to welcome another MJ Head. That's how I got my start, came in with guns blazing and then had a chat with JimH. All better.
CVIII

That's right.
I'm cool.

sekim

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2002, 04:48:25 pm »

CVIII - CIX ?,

Funny that you and I both zeroed in on this....

Harry|PLS|The|PLS|Hipster

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2002, 04:48:57 pm »

Uriah Heep, Sycophant First Class

HTH

Listening to the thunderbolts rattling around in a wild storm and watching my surge suppressor flicker like a Pachinko.

sekim

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2002, 04:51:55 pm »

HTH,

It's about time someone else gets it. Kind of spongee around here yet.

BTW - Class picture???

Jazzwolf

• World Citizen
  • Jazz, Classic Rock, Classic 70's NY Salsa
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2002, 05:15:14 am »

mdshullaw,

Welcome back, yes we all have bad days. This place is like hanging around with your buddies and family and shooting the bull. You'll love it here!

Listening to: 'A Bomb In Wardour Street' from 'Compact Snap!' by 'The Jam' on Media Jukebox
It's alright now, I learned my lesson well, you see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself - Rick Nelson
Pages: [1]   Go Up