INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ASIO problems with Line6 sound card  (Read 2360 times)

andrewt

• World Citizen
ASIO problems with Line6 sound card
« on: March 08, 2011, 07:40:41 pm »

Hello,

I've been using MJ for a few years, and I could never get ASIO output to work. Now that I see ASIO is disabled in the new version of MJ, I uninstalled MJ and installed the MC trial. It's still doing the same thing: It will play the first track fine, but when I stop it and try to play another track, it either crashes or gives me the error message "Playback could not be started on the output 'ASIO' using the format '44100 Hz, 64 bits per sample, 2 channels. This output format may not be supported... make sure your system has a valid sound playback device..." etc. It will play the next track fine on its own, but if I switch it, it crashes.

If I can get ASIO to work then I will buy MC, as my soundcard (Line6 Toneport UX1) has a native ASIO driver. It works fine with foobar and other programs that use ASIO.

andrewt

• World Citizen
Re: ASIO problems with Line6 sound card
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 07:44:26 pm »

couldn't seen to find the edit button  ? ... anyway I was playing standard redbook flac files, not hi-res or anything, so it shouldn't have anything to do with that.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 11:47:50 pm »

First, please install Media Center 16 from the Media Center 16 board.

Then, could you send me a log showing a crash (Help > Logging) to matt at jriver dot com?

Thanks!
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

andrewt

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 03:32:27 pm »

Great news--it seems to be working with MC16!!  ;D I am very happy, and it seems there are a TON more features in MC as opposed to MJ; it will take me a while to learn all of them (or maybe not, since it's so easy to use). Did the developers change anything regarding ASIO from 15 to 16? Just curious... if everything goes smoothly for few days, then I will buy MC and be a happy man.
Pages: [1]   Go Up