Networks and Remotes > Remotes

JRiver Gizmo -- stream your media from home -- or use Android as a remote

<< < (5/26) > >>

SteveR:
Found Gizmote straight away using froyo 2.2 I followed the instructions on J Wiki and its running immediately (I clicked on acces from anywhere, and it threw up an dialogue box with the server key in it. It's a fantastic app, and the theatre mode is very impressive. I am only 3 days onto the trial, and this is a keeper for sure!

SteveR:
I spoke too soon. Am running F Secure anti virus and firewall, and when I test the connection it advised no connection, and I need to tell the f/wall to open a port. Trouble is I can't find how to do that with F Secure! It's set to allow incoming and outgoing for Media Centre...

avpman:
Samsung Epic, Android 2.1,
Mediacenter 150.159
Win 7 64

When I enter the media access key in Gizomo it says it can't find the server (yes the WiFi is working fine). I tested the key on another PC running Mediacenter and it connects to the server and works fine. Also, when I click on "Help" on the Gizmo "enter media access" screen, Gizmo crashes: "Sorry - the application Gizmo (process JRiver.mediacenter.android) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

Help!

JimH:
The latest Gizmo requires the latest MC.  Try downloading from the top of the MC15 board.

avpman:

--- Quote from: JimH on December 12, 2010, 08:46:30 pm ---The latest Gizmo requires the latest MC.  Try downloading from the top of the MC15 board.

--- End quote ---

That took care of it. Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version