Networks and Remotes > Remotes

JRiver Gizmo -- stream your media from home -- or use Android as a remote

<< < (2/26) > >>

JimH:
Thanks.  Don't forget to rate it -- on your phone, go to "Market" and search for Gizmo.

jitainss:
Hi Jim,

I am still having no joy in accessing my music through gizmo from an external wifi through wan. I can access through my lan. I think the problem may be that my internet provider gives a dynamic address. Also my Router (Belkin) is showing a different IP address 218.186.5..... as compared to what comes on "whatsmyip.org" 218.186.1......This may because of the modem(Motorola) showing a different address. Or is it some other problem?
After repeated attempts the Belkin Technical Support have given up, the internet provider has also said they do not know how to resolve the issue. Any suggestions please?

Thanks and regards,
Jitain

JimH:
Your router has an inside and an outside address.  From outside your network, you need to try the outside address.

More here:
http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/Network_Access

chriswatson:
Very cool!!

swinster:
Ok - just got my misses an Android phone (trying to get one for me from work) and search the Android market place for Gizmo - the search returned 3 results - none from J River to do with Media Centre.

Ideas?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version