INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC15 - A few bugs/annoyances  (Read 988 times)

shawnthewoman

MC15 - A few bugs/annoyances
« on: April 19, 2010, 05:34:17 pm »

Recently installed MC15.0.23, and have a few bugs to report.  Some of these have been a problem for me in previous versions, but I'm kinda lazy bout getting around to posting!  Where it is noted that a problem existed in earlier versions, it was a problem using the system as described below, but the problems occurred in my old Dell Inspiron 1505 laptop as well.  Anyway, I hope I've been clear describing the problems, and I'd like to add that I have compiled this list over time using the new "Notes" feature in MC15.  I really like this addition, thanx for the effort!

My system:

Computer Brand Name:  TOSHIBA Satellite P505 
Operating System:  64-bit Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium, Build 6002, Service Pack 2
CPU Brand Name:  Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     T6500  @ 2.10GHz
Memory Module Size:  2048 MBytes x2
Memory Type:  DDR2-SDRAM
Memory Speed:  400.0MHz (PC2-6400)
Video Card:  ATI Mobility RADEON HD 4570 (M92)
Video Memory:  512 MBytes of GDDR3 SDRAM
Audio Adapter:  Intel 82801IB ICH9 -High Definition Audio [A3]
High Definition Audio Codec:    Conexant
Hard Drive #1 Drive Model:TOSHIBA MK4055GSX
Hard Drive #1 Drive Capacity:381,554 MBytes (400 GB)
Hard Drive #2 Model:TOSHIBA MK3255GSX
Hard Drive #2 Drive Capacity:305,245 MBytes (320 GB)

1.  Thunderstorm Skin - Standard View using NNTH Track Info II : Theater View - Playing Now - Thumbnail View :  I have one row of thumbnails viewable, which is placed at the bottom of the display, with only the MC status bar below it.  The icon indicating the currently playing song appears as it should and correctly moves to the next track.  However, when a new song begins, the entire row of thumbnails scrolls backward, showing the previously played row.  I've tried making sure that the currently playing song was in focus by clicking on it, but even though the playing now icon moves to the next song correctly, the row flips backward  every time.  This is a new bug since upgrading to MC15.  (I've not changed views to see if this happens in other views, as this was not a problem in MC13 using the same set-up, and I don't think a different view set-up is the answer, besides, I like this one!)

2.  Occurring in any view:  If Media Center is not in focus, the only way to bring it into focus is to click on it's icon on the Windows task bar.  Simply clicking on any visible portion of MC will not bring it in focus as it will with all other windows.  This was also a problem in MC13 (I skipped MC14, upgrading to MC15 from MC13).

3.  Occurring in any view:  There is no rhyme or reason to the following bug; it happens most, but not all of time and when performing various tasks.  For instance, if I change my display view, after clicking "OK" or "Apply", as the case may be, the MC window minimizes.  It does this about 95% of the time, and does it whether changing display views, or making a change in "Options", or clicking on a link, tagging a song, whatever.  The changes I was making at the time are made correctly, however.  This too, was a problem in MC13.

4.  Occurring in any view:  If I close the Firefox browser normally, and Media Center is not currently open, it will open upon closing the browser.  I use Foxytunes with my browser, but it makes no difference whether music is actually playing or not, (Foxytunes allows one to play music while browsing without opening the installed media program) MC will open upon closing the browser.  This also occurred in MC13.

5.  Occurring in any view:  If Media Center crashes, it causes Firefox to crash as well.  MC13 also caused this behavior.

6.  Using DFX for Media Center makes music completely unlistenable.  The playback has pops, hisses, and skips, and the volume raises ands lowers at random; this behavior occurs whether listening to MP3, Flac, or WMA files, and using any setting in DFX.  I did try disabling, one at a time, each DSP option (ie, Equalizer, Effects, etc) wile using DFX, with no change in the output.  I am using the latest full version of DFX (purchased, not the trial version), and have tried the suggested fixes from the DFX website, to no avail.  I also experienced this problem with MC13, but prior to purchasing MC13, I used the full version of DFX for Windows Media Player with no problems at all, and was very pleased with it.

7.  Installing the DirectX Host plug-in, blocks access to the DSP settings in MC15, and clicking on the link to open DSP options causes MC to crash.  I can not say if any of the DirectX Host options may be causing the problems, as I can't open the DSP options to see what they may be.  I can't even verify that DirectX Host has been properly installed in MC, as I am blocked from the DSP options, but have never had any error messages displayed by MC when installing his plug-in.  This behavior occurred in MC13 as well.

zendoo

• Recent member
A Few More Bugs
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 12:21:50 pm »

Hi there!

I have to report some bugs:
I am still using Mediacenter 13, so maybe these have been corrected...

If I am trying to rename files on my external ntfs harddisk (movie files) Mediacenter won't succeed in changing the files. The Error message that pops up is:

"Media Center encountered errors while tagging and moving files. Check that the files exist, are not read-only, and are not in use by other programs.

File read-only: Z:\...\...\...\---.avi"

Another bug happens when converting files (in that case from .mp3 to lower bitrate .mp3, but I guess it happens with any conversion):

If I convert files with accents or other UNICODE characters in their filename the files are converted, but it seems Media Center cannot save them. It deletes the original file (in my case to the recycle bin) and the file is (kind of) lost!

Another quite similar one happens when I export my playlists into html or txt format - Unicode characters (at least japanese ones) simply do not show, the fields stay empty!

Please answer to this if these bugs have been removed, if not, good luck in doing so!
Pages: [1]   Go Up