INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Running a video import caused Windows to reboot  (Read 825 times)

Dare978Devil

• Junior Woodchuck
Running a video import caused Windows to reboot
« on: June 22, 2010, 08:54:48 am »

Am running MC15 15.0.57.  I ran a video import by simply pointing the import to a single directory which contained many sub-directories.  Everything ran fine until it suddenly put up an error saying the import could not continue.  Then an error message flashed on the screen about JRWorker.exe experiencing a problem.  MC 15 hung at that point with this in the Event Viewer :

Hanging application Media Center 15.exe, version 15.0.57.0, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

When I clicked on the OK buton from the JRWorker error message, I was surprised to have XP shutdown.  When I rebooted, I re-attempted the video import.  Exactly the same thing happened, and again it finished with an XP reboot.

This morning, I started up the import again.  There were exactly 73 files left to import.  I let it go 10 at a time, and then I would hit the STOP button.  That worked, all 73 were successfully imported.  That led me to believe that it wasn't file specific, more like I had filled a buffer or something.

If it will be helpful, I will remove all of my imported video files and redo the entire operation with logging enabled.  The only part which surprised me was the reboot of Windows when I clicked on the JRWorker error message.  Any idea why it would force a Windows reboot?

Thanks,
DD.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Running a video import caused Windows to reboot
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 09:53:42 am »

Unfortunately buggy video drivers can cause problems when working with videos.  For example, there's a particularly frustrating bug in the stock ATI video driver on Windows 7 that causes a blue screen any time you build two Directshow video graphs at the same time (even though they're in different processes!).

Your best bet is to update to the latest video drivers from your video card's manufacturer's website.

Thanks, and let us know how you fare.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up