INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to remove AlbumArt Thumbnails  (Read 821 times)

drc

• World Citizen
How to remove AlbumArt Thumbnails
« on: June 27, 2010, 04:16:19 pm »

I'm sure this has to do with settings I have selected, unknowingly, while configuring MC.

Problem:  When I back up my mp3 files It's creating additional data which I want to remove, if possible:

Example, I have a single Album image of Stanley Clarke stored in the Albums MP3 folder (stored on my laptop).

In the backup folder (on an external HD), there are several AlbumArt Images and files being created:               
                                                                              (AlbumArt_{xxxx,etc.}_Large, 
                                                                               AlbumArt_{xxxxx,etc},_small
                                                                               AlbumArtSmall
                                                                               Thunms   (Data Base File)
                                                                               Desktop (configuration Settings)

I noticed this when I was restoring my files to a new laptop. 

What is creating the additional images, and how do I not create them in the first place.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: How to remove AlbumArt Thumbnails
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 04:55:28 pm »

The first three in your list are created by Windows Media Player.  Don't use WMP, or point its library location to some (empty) directory so that it doesn't create these files.

The latter two are created by Windows automatically when Explorer visits a folder.  Don't know that you can avoid these.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up