INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DVB-T playback issue with Cinergy T-Stick  (Read 3471 times)

daniel_2k

• World Citizen
DVB-T playback issue with Cinergy T-Stick
« on: June 20, 2010, 02:23:00 pm »

Hi!

I want to use MC15 to watch TV with my TerraTec Cinergy T-Stick DVB-T stick. MC detects the stick and I can scan for TV-stations. But when I want to watch a channel MC crashes.
What can I do? Does MC not support my DVB-T stick?
I tested it with MC 14 with the same result.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: DVB-T playback issue with Cinergy T-Stick
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 05:58:56 pm »

It's probably not compatible, but if you have a disk for it, try installing the driver.

daniel_2k

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 12:25:35 am »

I already installed the latest driver from the website. The stick is working with Microsoft Media Center and of course with the Terratec Home Cinema Software.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 01:35:20 am »

The stick seems to use DBA drivers so I don't see why it would not work.  That said I don't have this make/model either.  Have a look under "Tools --> Options --> Television" and try the following:
1) uncheck "Start digital TV in time-shifting mode"

try tuning a channel now and see what happens, if it is still crashing

2) Under "Tools --> Options --> Video"  select JTV and have a play with various filters (I like Auto for Source, FFDSHOW for Video and Audio, Haali for the Video Renderer)

If all else fails - post a log file of the crash!

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 04:15:26 am »

The stick seems to use DBA drivers so I don't see why it would not work.  That said I don't have this make/model either.  Have a look under "Tools --> Options --> Television" and try the following:
1) uncheck "Start digital TV in time-shifting mode"

try tuning a channel now and see what happens, if it is still crashing

2) Under "Tools --> Options --> Video"  select JTV and have a play with various filters (I like Auto for Source, FFDSHOW for Video and Audio, Haali for the Video Renderer)

If all else fails - post a log file of the crash!

Thanks
Nathan

Definately turn off timeshifting and try tuning  a channel.  If this works reinstall MC as Administartor (Right-click Run as Administrator), re-enable timeshifting and see if it still crashes.

Richard

daniel_2k

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 11:44:27 am »

If I turn off time-shifting I can watch TV (all channels).

Definately turn off timeshifting and try tuning  a channel.  If this works reinstall MC as Administartor (Right-click Run as Administrator), re-enable timeshifting and see if it still crashes.
When I start MC as Administrator and reenable timeshifting, MC does not crash but audio loops and following is shown on the screen: "Playback graph ERROR: - EC_ERRORABORT Code 80004005. Restaring Player".
Then I have to kill the process because MC hangs.

2) Under "Tools --> Options --> Video"  select JTV and have a play with various filters (I like Auto for Source, FFDSHOW for Video and Audio, Haali for the Video Renderer)
I played with the filtersettings and found out that the reason for the timeshift-problem is the Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder which is used for MPEG2-Playback (default under Windows 7). When I use ffdShow and EVR or Halli Renderer everything works, but the picture is interlaced.

I can enable "Deinterlace" in ffdShow then my picture is correct, but then ffdshow deinterlaces all my videos which I play with ffdshow. Under Tools -> Options TV -> <My device> -> Advanced Properties there is an entry "deinterlace" but it seems not to work.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2010, 03:19:47 pm »

If I turn off time-shifting I can watch TV (all channels).
When I start MC as Administrator and reenable timeshifting, MC does not crash but audio loops and following is shown on the screen: "Playback graph ERROR: - EC_ERRORABORT Code 80004005. Restaring Player".
Then I have to kill the process because MC hangs.

Can you email me a log of this, playing in time-shifting mode using Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder.  I wonder what causes the problem with the Microsoft filter.  It works fine for ATSC television.

I played with the filtersettings and found out that the reason for the timeshift-problem is the Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder which is used for MPEG2-Playback (default under Windows 7). When I use ffdShow and EVR or Halli Renderer everything works, but the picture is interlaced.

I can enable "Deinterlace" in ffdShow then my picture is correct, but then ffdshow deinterlaces all my videos which I play with ffdshow. Under Tools -> Options TV -> <My device> -> Advanced Properties there is an entry "deinterlace" but it seems not to work.

The Deinterlace option under Advanced Properties is for some analog TV devices only.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2010, 04:12:24 pm »

The Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder works OK for me with DVB-T.

You don't need to start MC as administrator, but install MC as administrator.  So run the install file "As Administrator".  It may not be the issue, but I know under Win7 Timeshifting crashed until I installed MC once as Administrator.

What version of MC are you using Daniel?

daniel_2k

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2010, 05:50:51 am »

The Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder works OK for me with DVB-T.
You don't need to start MC as administrator, but install MC as administrator.  So run the install file "As Administrator".  It may not be the issue, but I know under Win7 Timeshifting crashed until I installed MC once as Administrator.

What version of MC are you using Daniel?

I Use Version 15 Build 63.
I installed MC with "Run as Administrator" and I started MC from the installer the first time, scanned the channels and it works with the Microsoft Decoder. Then I closed MC and started it again (without Administrator rights) and I does not work (same error as I wrote above: "Playback graph ERROR...").
I launched MC serveral times and started a TV channel and I noticed that it sometimes work and sometimes the obe mentioned error occurs.

Here's the log-file and the filter graph info: http://home.arcor.de/daniel_2k/forums/logandfilterinfo.zip

daniel_2k

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2010, 06:46:08 am »

I have installed MC and the DVB-T Stick driver onto a virtual machine with a fresh windows 7 32 bit. There is exactly the same problem.
I found out: I wrote above that start watching TV with timeshift enable only sometimes occur erros. But I can reproduce the error when I stop timeshifting and than start timeshifting again -> everytime I do this I get the graph error (and as I wrote only with Microsoft Video Decoder, with ffdshow it works).

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2010, 07:14:11 am »

Daniel, Yaobing is the guru but FYI - I try to use FFDSHOW for all my playback on for interlaced material I use YADIF with double framerate checked and find it does a great job....
JRiver CEO Elect

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2010, 05:34:56 pm »

Here's the log-file and the filter graph info: http://home.arcor.de/daniel_2k/forums/logandfilterinfo.zip

The log file does not contain any info on TV playback.  Perhaps you restarted MC after MC crashed?  You need to provide "Previous Log.txt" in such case.

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2010, 01:19:19 am »

The log file does not contain any info on TV playback.  Perhaps you restarted MC after MC crashed?  You need to provide "Previous Log.txt" in such case.

And make sure the "TV" option is selected in the logging options

daniel_2k

• World Citizen
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2010, 02:46:40 pm »

OK now I put the previous Log into the zip-file which contains the TV-info before MC crashed.
http://home.arcor.de/daniel_2k/forums/MCTVLog.zip

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2010, 11:51:13 am »

Please try build 70, available on Media Center 15 board.  The error was caused by time-shifting reader filter allocating too small a buffer for video data.  The problem should be gone in build 70.
Pages: [1]   Go Up