INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library client can't play video [solved]  (Read 2267 times)

morrison

• Galactic Citizen
Library client can't play video [solved]
« on: July 01, 2010, 04:28:37 pm »

I was always receive "DirectShow: Unknown streaming error: 0x800c0006" for try play any video files on library client with unchecked option "Play local file if matches.." and without windows network access for library media folders - its connected only through 52199 server port.

I found this topic, but I thinks that now all changed? Or it's still necessary Windows network access to play video files at the client? Maybe I missed something?

Thanks

What I did step-by-step:

Today I was setup new MC15 Library Server for my friends (and planned buy few registrations for them).

For now I have MC14 Library Server for MJ14 users with only audio. MJ doesn't allow sync changes back to server, so I don't needed setup additional access right. MJ users connect to my network over vpn.

MC15 allow sync changes and (for now) doesn't allow control it - OK, I will use old read-only mode.

Configuring the router forwarding to the external port tcp 52199 on my server (I have a lot of internal services with external ports) - I decided to try a solution without vpn.

Created a new Windows user with administrator privileges (I plan to reduce this user rights after debugging) - guestserver.
Logged locally as guestserver, created a working environment. Logout.

In the main user session I was run MC15 as guestserver user. MC starts up with default settings in the guestserver user environment (I also have another instance of MC15 in my main windows user with home library server).

Setup a new library, select folder with the main home library. When connecting the received confirmation message "Database Read-Only" - all right, home library server Its already started.

Disable (just in case, necessity not checked) "update tags when file info changes" and tags changes in MP3 and FLAC plugins.

Tuned Media Network - Library Server - Share your library. For test I will use default settings - 52199 port, no authorization required etc. My home MC15 library use port 80.

I was check "Enable easy access from anywhere" and receive message "This Library Server is not reachable from the Internet, but you can still use it within your local network.".

I was connect to my new guest MC server over Internet without problems. And can listen audio very fine.

I was try play video files and see above error.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Library client can't play video
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 10:30:58 pm »

It depends on what video type you try to play.

mp4, rm, flv, mkv, mpg, and avi videos play well in library client.  Make sure you have the latest build of MC15 because avi file works well only in build 67 or higher.

Also you need to make sure you have DirectShow filters that can handle the video you try to play on the clients.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

morrison

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Library client can't play video
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 04:13:08 am »

Thanks Yaobing, you are fully right.

My problem was that the video files is on a mapped network drive (instead of local audio files). I need to play once the video file on the server side to "MC will attempt to silently reconnect to any disconnected network drives before flagging a file as 'missing'.". Apparently this feature of separate user environment - after this action video on clients works fine. It would be nice if the library server was able to do so on client request. )

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up