INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 15 Capable of showing\viewing .PDF and .CBR files thumbnails or files yet?  (Read 2228 times)

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!

Is this a Feature You Will Be Implementing?  I'm Redoing My Os and working on comic rack and was just thinking again how great it would be to read .pdf, .cbr files in jriver.ESPECIALLY With JRiver's AWESOME Tagging and Sorting Capabilities.

Also with Jrivers SUPERB Server now. we could read and view our ebooks on our mobile devices OR any Pc. That Would Be Cool, not sure if possible but just asking.
Thanks.

Lasse_Lus

..the server can serve you any type of file  :)
MT5FR

HTPC4ME

i just tried it (opening it and seeing if it would show the thumbnail...and it says unsupported file type) so its not possible as of yet.. is this something you guys may add?

Lasse_Lus

..but your browser must support it...we are talking webserver are'nt we ? library server, you need to downlad the file first

re:thumbnails, you have to paste your cover...hopefully one day we get pdf thumbs  created automatically
MT5FR

HTPC4ME

what i mean was.. import all pdfs, .cbr's into jrver standard view then you can see all thumbnails, then you can tag them and put them in categories. once done you would be able to click on a thumbnail. say batman comic and it would open up in display view and you could read it, flip through pages etc..

and also Webserver... Which ive not tried yet.. but be able to use webserver\webplay goto ebook collection it would show thumbnails of genres of ebooks, then ya select batman and it would open batman so you could read it.

Thank You.

Lasse_Lus

you open the file of your choise with your "reader", MC handles 99,99 % of all file types existing but can't read them (like showing a picture)..so you open them by your preferd third party app..."by send to" or "double click"

MC uses MS Explorer as internal browser, meaning you can for example "play" a html file by draging it to "start", even excel files can be shown..if you have a explorer plugin for batman..you may be able to read it in MC..
MT5FR

HTPC4ME

hmm well when auto thumbs is made available that might work. but for now
thumbnails, you have to paste your cover...hopefully one day we get pdf thumbs  created automatically
I'm not pasting thousands of covers.  will just continue to use comic rack and hope someday its implemented. Cause That Would Be Ideal!

thanks for the info.

Lasse_Lus

..the problem is that there are a lot of files out there, that "needs" coverart...but i think pdf is on top..

what you can do is the following...create a script that generate thumbnails of your files then MC could grab them if it was possible to do a lookup in the cover art folder (as i wrote about the other day)
MT5FR

HTPC4ME

could i get that script please? or link? also would that work for .cbr files as well?

If so that would BE COOL then i would DEF. Import all My .PDF's and .CBR's

Lasse_Lus

actually i don't know what cbr is..but creating thumbs for pdf's there are tons of options..google is your friend here...then you can run scripts from the command line in MC "send to external.." or other alternatives..

i do it this way with "special files"...use a screengrabber then copy and paste..20 a day give you quite a collection  :) thumbnails on files is huge..when browsing in MC
MT5FR

HTPC4ME

thumbnails on files is huge..when browsing in MC
I Agree!

Pages: [1]   Go Up