INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View Search  (Read 1033 times)

park

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I wish I had more to say!
Theater View Search
« on: October 11, 2010, 08:41:44 am »

Was playing around in Theater View today and ran into a bunch of things that I wanted to do, but couldnt:

1. Wanted to search for an album. So I went to search and searched for one word in the album title. Each song in the album came up in the search, along with a bunch of other songs, but there was no way to choose one song and then "Play album". I had to play all the songs in the search list, or just one song.

We need either a "Play this album" as a playback option in the top roller, or a way to search for whole albums. Perhaps we need a way to be able to browse categories and filter them on the fly. So, a "narrow list down to..." option in the top roller, which would bring up the same search interface, but only work on the current view.

2. You can see lots of info for a file in the playing now view. You can scroll through each value (album, artist, etc.) but clicking on one doesnt do anything. It would be good if clicking on one jumped you to a search of that value.

3. This is an old one, and I think by design, but in my opinion it's bad design. You can't customize the root views of a library server client. If you do, then the next time you install a new version, or reload the library, the root views have been reset. I think that root views are like any other view, intimately linked to the library and should be saved in the library like everything else view related.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Theater View Search
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 12:51:04 pm »

Adding artist, album, etc. search to Theater View's (and WebPlay's) search is something we want to do. 

Sorry, but I'm not sure when it will happen.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up