INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MediaCenter 15 & iTunes  (Read 1390 times)

chaznet

• World Citizen
MediaCenter 15 & iTunes
« on: July 12, 2010, 11:16:19 pm »

I have an iPhone that I sync with iTunes.  I 'upgraded' to the iPhone 4 and wound up returning it.  My 3GS is fine, but would like to maybe add an Android device to my toy chest.  I noticed the current version plays .m4a music I purchased from iTunes, for some reason I thought that wouldn't be possible.  Does this mean I can use MC15 to sync my Apple protected tracks to an Android device?

sunfire7

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MediaCenter 15 & iTunes
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 11:59:30 pm »

If your files were purchased in the old time of 128 kbits with DRM, then I think (not sure) you can only play them on itunes and apple devices :). But, since long time ago all itunes store purchases are "itunes plus" wich means they have 256kbits and are DRM-free, in this case you can play them in MC and sync to any device supported by it :)
Happy licensed MC 15-19 User :)
Mac version early bird
My english is not perfect! My native lang is spanish

chaznet

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 12:02:17 am »

That's great news!

kewe65

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 12:17:23 pm »

i've never had problems playing back even the DRM files i had purchased so long as quicktime was installed, which is installed by default with iTunes.  i have not tried it with MC15 as i've converted all of those files to an MPx format and stopped purchasing lossy music altogether, but i dont see why it wouldn't still work if you have iTunes installed.

chaznet

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 03:29:23 pm »

As I mentioned, I was interested in whether I could use MC to copy protected files to an Android device, I recall not being able to do this with Windows Mobile and MC.  Thanks though.

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010, 04:21:16 pm »

You may not be able to use the M4A's on the android, but MC can convert them on the fly to mp3 at sync time.

chaznet

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2010, 01:54:19 am »

It won't convert protected files.  Thanks for your interest though -- maybe you wanna type stuff you know for sure?
Pages: [1]   Go Up