Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Toy  (Read 627 times)

sekim

New Toy
« on: June 22, 2002, 05:28:50 am »

Last night I went out and bought a little toy. It's a Memorex personal cd player that also plays mp3 cds. A snarling look nixed the idea of a new car stereo for the time being, so a truce was reached. Hence, the handy little player.

It has the adapters for the cassette player, and power supply (lighter socket) in cars. Wasting no time, I quickly made up a playlist and burned a disc lastnight.

Trial run this morning now makes MJ indispensible. This is going to make the two and a half hour ride home everynight more tolerable. In some ways this makes sense for me. Because no matter which vehicle I drive, I'll have something better then the radio to listen to. Just throw it in either one and away I go. And the sound was outstanding versus a cassette. I never used the cassette player anyway, tapes just don't make the grade.

And for less then $100.00. I'd still like to get an in dash unit for the car, but until the beastmaster says yes, this will have to do.

Finally, justification for getting MJ. Now it has become more then 'hobbyware' for me. Thank you JRiver. Without MJ I'd never have done this. Next Page

nila

RE:New Toy
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2002, 09:26:47 am »

Both Pioneer and Alpine do GORGEOUS versions of mp3 in car cd players.

I have the Alpine one which has a rating of 4x60 watts and is a great player with tons of features.
My friend has the Pioneer which is 4x50 and has a LOT of cool visualisations.

I got it for £100 less than the average going price by just looking around a bit. I paid £260 for mine and it's meant to be £350.
I'd say fork out the cash. It's awesome - I've been listening to the same cd for weeks now Next Page

sekim

RE:New Toy
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2002, 01:34:17 pm »

Nila,

You must not have a BEASTMASTER yet. What'll you get one of those and try that stunt.

SHIELDS UP !!! Next Page
Pages: [1]   Go Up