INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Screen Saver Control  (Read 1547 times)

Dervishing

• Recent member
Screen Saver Control
« on: September 28, 2010, 12:27:24 am »

I can't be the only person wondering about this, but I can't find much info and nothing specific to MC15...

Can I change anything in MC15 that will disable Win7 screen saver while MC15 is running, especially when it is running music and video - with music I occasionaly get a little "tic" when screen saver is activated by Win7 and if screen saver comes on while watching video, everything blanks and audio stops. I'd like to keep screen saver turned on in Win7 and have MC15 disable it for the functions I would like screen saver disabled. For example... it would be good to keep screen saver active for still photos, but have it inactive for video and music. Though I wouldn't necessarily want screen saver active if I was in a slide show that was on continuous repeat.

Are there ways with the current version of MC15 for me to control the Win7 screen saver? I have it set to simply go to a black screen.

Usually, when playing video the display window is detached and playing on monitor 2 (the large video display) while MC15's interface is running on monitor 1... though music is often played without using monitor 2.

Dervishing

• Recent member
Re: Screen Saver Control
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 05:56:42 pm »

Bump...

No comment from JRiver?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 06:05:11 pm »

The screen saver is disabled in Display View.  Maybe you could consider using that instead of detaching the display?

In Theater View, the screen saver is optional in Options > Theater View.

If your screensaver causes audio problems, you might also try a lighter weight screen saver like Blank or no screen saver at all.  My guess is starting 3D on the video card for the screen saver is causing a hardware level pause that makes an audio hiccup.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Dervishing

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 07:47:49 pm »

OK, that's good to know. I've been mostly usin Standard View with Theater View a little bit. I don't think I've even had Display View on at all before. I'm one of those people who "browses" for music to play - comes from decades of looking through LPs and CDs on shelves till I find one that I want to hear... then I listen to the whole thing. So Standard View lets me see my alphabetical-by-artist folder structure which I can browse easily to find albums I want to listen to... but I could switch to Display View while the music is playing and switch back to Standard for fast navigation to the next album I want to hear.

With other media players, I was getting a little audio "pip" when the screen saver activated AND when the screen saver turns off... MC15 only "pips" when I move the track ball to turn off the screen saver. I hadn't heard of Blank... will check it out if I can't get what I want from shuttling view modes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up