INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto-import folders reset after network disconnect. Unable to recreate list.  (Read 1769 times)

lucian.jp

• Junior Woodchuck

I encountered a problem which would lead to something really ugly. My library and music file are on a NAS. So I end up having my library in \\nas\library and my music folder in \\nas\music. I tried to open MC15 while my NAS was rebooting for some reason. That led to MC unable to connect to library and opened the default library. Correct to me. I waited till my NAS was back and changed my library back to \\nas. When I tried to auto-import I was astonished that my auto-import folder was reset to c:\users\... I had plenty of config for the auto-import. That led me to redo my config and that is where it s**ked really badly.

It seems that since I last done my auto-import config the window changed. We cannot enter the full path to folder directly. We are obliged to pass by a browse button where it only opens local folder (and Network Connection). Problem is my NAS isn’t broadcasting for the Network share. (some rules) So I endend up being unable to point to direct path like \\nas\music.

For now on I created 6 network drive (ugly) to represent my NAS, point on them and in MC after import I find/replace to put the path \\nas\something.

I don't know what happened to the window where we were able to put direct path, but it needs a major rollback ASAP.

lucian.jp

• Junior Woodchuck

I tested the change in .65 & .68 same result, still bug : http://www.screencast.com/t/OTcwYTkyZjkt

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Confirmed, happening here too.

-Leezer-

lucian.jp

• Junior Woodchuck

still the same in 15.0.73. [snip -- caustic remarks not welcome here]

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

Could you change the NAS to allow browsing?  We're using the standard Windows browse system, so this sort of seems like a NAS / Windows issue.

How do you browse to the folder in other programs if it's hidden from system browsing?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird

lucian.jp,

I can type a new auto-import path on XP and MC accepts it, but this is to another XP PC. I tested strings like \\pcv2\share\. I don't have a NAS to try.

However, MC doesn't seem to anyhow check a typed path before it is added to the list (or if it does, it should accept a path like yours if it is accessible). ... Edit ... it does check. I tried an invalid path. It displayed a "Folder name is not valid" message window. I didn't see that message in your screencast.

Have you tried to type or paste other, local paths? I mean, perhaps the problem has nothing to do with the NAS and its path.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

I can see that Windows disables the 'OK' button on Windows 7 if I type a make believe path like \\Foobar.

However, in my case, that's alright since \\Foobar isn't real.  If I type \\Main or \\Lappy (real computers on my network), it works fine.

Without recreate the system browse dialog, is there some simple solution?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

lucian.jp

• Junior Woodchuck

Have you tried to type or paste other, local paths? I mean, perhaps the problem has nothing to do with the NAS and its path.

This only triggers one of the three problems with that window where I type "c:\" and then the textbox lost focus and replace the text by "C:\". So i have to click back in the textbox.

I noticed a fourth problem when doing a new screencast where we now add a folder to the list without selecting what kind of files to import. WE then have to click "edit" to change the default behavior.

For the purpose of a new test I recreated a NFS share on a windows computer that broadcast on networking. I am not quite sure CC show by default of the screencast. Make sure you have them enabled to see description. Be sure to have your mouse out of the video for the progress bar to hide, because CC display under.

http://www.screencast.com/t/OTdjNDgwYT

lucian.jp

• Junior Woodchuck

Tested the version 15.0.80. The new behavior fix the fact that I wasn't able to recreate my folder tree. I still prefer the old window by far anyway. I guess there is a reason why it has change, but seriously I cannot find any.

Plus now if I rename a folder I cannot "edit" the path, I must delete and re-add the folder and select again the options of auto-import. To me it's a bad design. The older one was flawless.
Pages: [1]   Go Up