INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Read track failed. Parameter is out of range.  (Read 1551 times)

riverbooty

• Recent member
Read track failed. Parameter is out of range.
« on: July 22, 2010, 08:26:50 pm »

I found a similiar post on the forum for v.14 and posted on it but have had no luck getting a resolution there, so I thought I better bring it over here to the v.15 forum since I am actually trying to get v.15 to run.
This is a fresh installation of W7 64bit.  By saying fresh, I mean that after having installed v.15.0 70 on a fresh install on this laptop, and updating to v15.0.73 at the suggestion of a forum admin and still not having any luck; I wiped my system and reinstalled yesterday.  So, W7 64bit without anything except what Dell says I need to get the M6400 laptop going.  I have verified that my optical drive works correctly by using WMP to rip and play a control group of CDs that I know work well on other optical drives.

When I try to play a song using JR, the track plays for a few seconds before the progress bar get to the end of the scale and the icon that indicates (arrow) which track is playing goes to the next track, but track one just starts playing over and over again.  Also worth noting is that it seems that each time it replays track 1, it gets shorter.  For example, the first time it plays it may be 10 seconds, then plays again for 9, then 8, etc, etc.

The next issue is that when I try to rip, the process always fails with the following message on the lower left corner.  "Read track failed. Parameter is out of range."  I have a log file but I cannot paste it into this post because it exceeds the 12000 character limit.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Read track failed. Parameter is out of range.
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 02:04:50 am »

I experienced similar issues a while back... playback / rip failure in MC but success in WMP, and resolved the issue by reinstalling my motherboard 'inf' drivers.

The difference between thee and me is that I was getting hieroglyphics instead of error messages.
You can read my trouble-shooting thread here, if you like, I'm not sure if it will help, though you never know.

I'm not saying that what you're experiencing isn't an MC problem, but can say that if it is, it'll be pretty obscure, as you can be sure, if this was a mainstream issue, there would be a lot more noise about it here in the forum, which so far, is not the case.

I see that you have already emailed a logfile to JohnT who will get back to you if it contains any clues, though as you'll see from my thread, my logfile did not help pinpoint the issue.

The thread I've linked to contains some 'device manager' suggestions that might be worth a shot, and for sure, won't harm your system any by trying.
Try EAC or any other similar software, like I did, and see if they are able to rip your CDs. Can they? Or do they fail too, as they did with me?

Good luck with your trouble-shooting,
regards,
-marko

maudeman

• Recent member
Re: Read track failed. Parameter is out of range.
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2010, 09:21:56 pm »

I have been having the same problem WIN7 64bit. MC14. Which has ripped thousands of discs for me flawlessly over many years, for the last few days has been failing on nearly every rip. with the above message.
Pages: [1]   Go Up