INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What remote control Program are you using? (Not WebRemote, but DLNA remote)  (Read 1869 times)

ewingr

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile

I have a new AT&T Captivate (Samsung Galaxy S derivitave), which came with Allshare. It is pretty nice, except for one major flaw.

With it I can be a remote control for MC; I can have MC play through it to my receiver; or play from MC directly on my phone. BUT...when I browse to a list of songs, I have to click on them one by one to add to the playlist. I cannot click on an allbum and add all.

So, I've been looking further. I found Andromote, which seems very nice. It supposedly works with MC; and also with my receiver which is an Onkyo 3007. BUT...it doesn't work right most of the time. It will give messages that the WIFI is not on, but of course it is. It will play sometimes, but not most of the time.

So, anyone know of anything out there that will do this? (I did just download Gizmo,and its a nice addition to WebRemote, but only plays at my phone.)

I'll be using the browser and WebRemote for now.
Thanks
Roger

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!

With it I can be a remote control for MC; I can have MC play through it to my receiver; or play from MC directly on my phone. BUT...when I browse to a list of songs, I have to click on them one by one to add to the playlist. I cannot click on an allbum and add all.

If you're using WebRemote, I think you could add the album one level up from the files.  There should be 'Play', 'Shuffle' and 'Add' links on each grouping, whether it be an album, genre, artist, etc.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

ewingr

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile

Hi. Thanks for the suggestion. But the quote you brought in was my description of what happens when I use the DLNA app on my phone, Allshare, not WebRemote.

WebRemote works fine, and will be using it until I come up wiht a DLNA  client that functions OK.

Thanks
Roger

sunfire7

I know you are not using iOS, but just in case,  PlugPlayer is excellent, as controller and renderer
Happy licensed MC 15-19 User :)
Mac version early bird
My english is not perfect! My native lang is spanish

HiFiTubes

Okay, let me make sure I'm on Earth.

Yup.

PlugPlayer has sucked for me.  Even upon re-install 2 months after the fact......very glitchy for me...what version are you using?  It always crashed when searching.

I'm digging WebRemote, and Rivermote even though it has a focus bug (when you return to control w/ mouse or remote).
Pages: [1]   Go Up