INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Small problem using stacks  (Read 1470 times)

sherbs

• World Citizen
Small problem using stacks
« on: July 25, 2010, 11:36:39 am »

I've been updating some files to better quality lately and using stacks to transfer the tags.

Once the new files are imported I open recently imported, locate by artist, sort by name in the new window and then select two or more files for stacking. Trouble is as soon as I click stack, the window changes to include all instances of the artist 'name' and re-sorts itself.

Eg, I'm working with the artist Squeeze and I want to stack the tracks together temporarily, as soon as I do the search changes from artist=squeeze to anything=squeeze.
So, my smooth workflow is interrupted as I have to re-locate artist and re-sort by name each time I use stack.

Not that big a deal but could it be tidied up?

Thanks

sherbs

• World Citizen
Re: Small problem using stacks
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 11:56:14 am »

Hi,

When I use 'locate artist' and then stack some of the files the search changes from 'artist' to 'all'

For instance locate artist on Al Green shows me 3 files. If I stack any of them the window now shows 54 files including Green Day, Weezer's Green album and Fiddler's Green by Tragically Hip etc.

Is there any way I can stop this happening?

Thanks.

sherbs

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 10:56:51 am »

Is it expected behaviour that when some files are sorted and then stacked in a specific search window that the window automatically changes from the specific search to a general one and the sort is lost?

Thanks.

sherbs

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 10:41:04 am »

I'm running out of ways to describe this in order to get a reply. Any suggestions?

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 04:53:39 pm »

Sorry, you missed a day. Now you'll have to start all over again. ;)

I haven't tried to recreate your experience, but it seems to have to do with using a search to filter results—and then doing something that requires a refresh. I would avoid the problem by using a Panes view and directly selecting the artist. I might still use search to find the artist, but I would then select them in the pane and clear the search.

sherbs

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2010, 11:59:25 am »

Thanks for taking the time to reply  :o

Using panes to find the artist rather than search for the artist from Recently Imported certainly works better for my purposes. Still wondering whether a search and sort in a view should persist till you've finished with it by maybe navigating away or clearing the search box.

Cheers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up