INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Missing 3d View  (Read 1135 times)

Blue Boy

• World Citizen
Missing 3d View
« on: July 31, 2010, 07:33:17 pm »

Today I had to format my laptop and re-install Windows 7 that hold one install of Mediacenter (I use 4).  One for my laptop that I use to rip cd and scan covers, One for my hifi system dedicated computer. Two portable HDDs one of these are used for backup of musicfiles only.

It seems to me that I need to use MC four times one for each drive, So I downloaded the latest build and I also upgraded one of my portable instalsl from build 80 to the latest build, but the 3D view is missing on the portable install, what happened?

Could it be that I had to use a new install key on my laptop and that the keys don't sync?

Why do we have to use install keys working for 14 days only? Couldn't it be fixed via internet to check that a version is legit? Right now while trying to figure out my settings and bad knowledge how use the install key (Well, I might be stupid) But I have been using Mc for since May this year and are down to only three keys....

Updated some hours later:.... Just checked out my new install, it is still in trial mode, version even thou I used a install key..........

OTHERWISE THIS IS A VERY GREAT SOFTWARE, and belive me I recommend it to everyone on different Hifi forums over here in Sweden.

Kindly Blue Boy

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Missing 3d Wiew
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 07:43:36 am »

Not all features are available on the Portable Install.

Let us know if you run out of restores for the license.  We can reset the count.

Using the 30 day trial period before using a restore will help.

Thanks for the kind words.

Blue Boy

• World Citizen
Re: Missing 3d View
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010, 10:45:49 am »

Thank you Jim, your answer made me think about another question, "setup" wise...
Right now I run MC 15 as portable install and rip to the external HDD. This because I have my CD collection in one part of my house and Hifi in another. Then I connect the external drive it to my hifi system with is located in another part of my house that got another computer. from the external HDD with portable install of MC 15 I play my music.

Does playing from portable install affect the sound, or can I be shure that all audiophil benefits are
working from the portable install?

Blue Boy
Pages: [1]   Go Up