INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theatre View 'Images' assistance  (Read 1316 times)

cgbissett

• Recent member
Theatre View 'Images' assistance
« on: August 05, 2010, 05:17:43 pm »

Is it possible to point the Images tab in theatre view, to a folder of choice.  It is currently displaying a couple of album covers, I would like it to display images from a folder containing my own photo's.  I am running Windows XP SP3.

Regards Craig

badger

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: Theatre View 'Images' assistance
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 05:26:18 pm »

I believe if you go to Tools, Options, Library & Folders, Configure Auto Import.... you can uncheck "images" from you audio folders.  This way, MC won't import your album covers in the MC library..... and they won't show up in images displays.

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 05:37:23 pm »

what badger says, and you could also go to options>theaterview and then to images, when you click on that you get 'set rules for files display' at the right site of the screen. you could add a rule there along the lines of
filename   starts with   R:\cgsPics

:)
gab

cgbissett

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 09:27:18 am »

Thanks for the replies chaps, I have unchecked the artwork as suggested. I have now managed to point the
The images tab in theatre view to my folder of choice. I did this by going into images in the tree, selecting files and editing the column. I didn't know exactly what I was doing but it has worked. 

Cheers Craig

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 06:06:30 pm »

I did this by going into images in the tree, selecting files and editing the column.

I don't understand what this means, so I'll just add this comment, in case it helps...

There are two things that determine what files appear in any (Standard or Theatre) view:

1. Any files can be imported to the library. Which files are imported is determined by settings in Import.

2. Any files in the library may be displayed in any view. Which files appear in a view is determined by the Rules for file display settings associated with the view. Note that rules can be inherited from a parent view. So, for example, you might have a parent view where [Media Type]=[Image] and then separate child views for photos, cover art, whatever. The Rules for file display for those views would be whatever works to restrict the files to those that you want to see.

Unless your file system is perfectly organized, you're likely to have folders which you do not want to import, but which may contain some media files you would like to view in MC. Using Drives & Devices, you can browse any folder on the system. Desired items can be selected and imported to the library—so they will appear in any view that includes them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up