INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC15 Can Not Find Data When Ripping CD's  (Read 1615 times)

jm5546

• Recent member
MC15 Can Not Find Data When Ripping CD's
« on: August 08, 2010, 09:52:21 am »

I need some help....

I got MC15 up and running about a month ago. Until today, it's been behaving itself rather well. Now, for no apparent reason, it can not locate track, artist, album, etc. information when I attempt to rip CD's. I have verified that the computer has access to the internet, and I have attempted to rip CD's that I already have successfully done in the past. Each time, MC15 pops up an "Information" box, indicating that "The CD look-up failed".

Help!!! I've been banging my head against the wall for hours trying to get this thing working. I've double-checked all of the option settings, and everything matches what I had when I originally configured the program.  Argh!!

Thank you,

Frank

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: MC15 Can Not Find Data When Ripping CD's
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 10:05:12 am »

Start by installing the latest build from the top of this board.

Then, if it's still happening, let's dig deeper.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jm5546

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 10:50:56 am »

Will do, but before doing so.....

If I simply launch the upgraded MC15 .exe file, will it wipe out all of my current program's configuration settings and music library information? It took forever to get MC15 configured, so I do not relish starting from scratch.

Frank

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 11:16:41 am »

Just do an express install.

All settings are preserved.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 11:23:42 am »

Frank,

You didn't mention which build you have now, but as Matt said, you can always download the latest MC15 build and install it on top of your current installation. It will preserve your configuration and library.

Currently the latest is 15.0.92. It is available here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=59026

However, if you have Ogg Vorbis files you may want to install the previous build, 15.0.87 (read my reply in the 15.0.92 release thread). Media Center 15.0.87 is available here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=58887

As a precaution, you can always create a new library backup file before you do any significant changes. It is easy and fast and since the late MC14 builds a backup file stores also the set options. File > Library > Back Up Library...
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

jm5546

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 11:58:35 am »

Alex/Matt,

Thank you so much for the replies. I am currently running 15.0.58, and have just downloaded 15.0.92. As suggested, I will carry out an express install of 15.0.92. My MC15 usage is strictly for music, with all files in FLAC format.

I must say, I am bewildered why MC15 would just cease to be able to obtain data for ripping CD's. Seems very odd. None-the-less, on to 15.0.92.

Thanks again,

Frank

jm5546

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2010, 12:35:35 pm »

Alex/Matt.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Everything is back to normal, and I am once again enjoying my music library.

Frank
Pages: [1]   Go Up