INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RME 9632 with AO4S-192 AIO and MC15  (Read 4241 times)

niceman

• Recent member
RME 9632 with AO4S-192 AIO and MC15
« on: August 08, 2010, 03:06:28 pm »

Hi there,

I am trying to set up my RME Hammerfall 9632 soundcard with expansion module in MC15, but can't get sound in all the channels.

I have tried changing the channel offset, but can't get it to work.

Anybody have the same setup and know what to do?

Thanks,

Soeren Vestergaard

...are very happy with the MC...
Soeren Vestergaard
www.niceman.dk
In-car audio.

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: RME 9632 with AO4S-192 AIO and MC15
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 10:10:57 am »

i dont have the hamerfall, but i know rme a bit.
are you using asio? what are you using for playback, analouge or spdif (with spdif you might want to try ofset 8 ). you can open the mixer of the card when you are playing back something and see where it ends up.
are you getting sound when using soething else for playback?

:)
gab

ps: welcome to the forums

ps2: that is an interesting site you are working on....  8)

niceman

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 03:23:25 pm »

Thank you  :)

I am using ASIO and 6xanalogue output for playback. The two unbalanced and the four balanced from the expansion board.

I have spent some more time on the RME matrix, and have got sound in all the channels. But its not correct yet...

I also have DRC software, Audiolense, from juicehifi.com, which I am trying to setup. In the software I can test the speakers, but to have sound I have to use the Matrix and make some other settings for the software and then the audio in MC is not correct.
I think I dont have the settings correct in the matrix.
This links gives more information than the RME manual: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RME

I am setting it up for 2 channel with active crossover in the Audiolense. I have a single subwoofer, and midbas and midrange/tweeter in each side.

The Audiolense software will make a convolution file, which will be used with Convolver in Plugins.

Yes, its a setup in my car  :)  www.niceman.dk

Soeren Vestergaard
www.niceman.dk
In-car audio.

gappie

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 01:55:54 am »

i think the matrix is interesting but not the easiest way to get the routing right. have you tried to use the mixer instead? in the mixer, under view enable submix,
now you have the signals as send by mc/windows/plugins in the second row, in the third row you can choose the output pair you want to setup and route the signal right for each.

gab

niceman

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 10:11:23 am »

Ok, thanks.

I will take a look at the mixer, when I have the time. Hope to get time this week...
Soeren Vestergaard
www.niceman.dk
In-car audio.

niceman

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 12:31:19 pm »

I have had some time to look at it.

In the Mixer I can see the sound from the J river with channel offset 0, 2, 4, etc.

I can also see the sound from the DRC software in the playback/ second row.

When playing testsound from the DRC sw, I get the sound in 6 channels, because I shall use it as active crossover.

But if I get the sound in playback channel 1, how do I route it to hardware output 3?

I have tried to right click and choose the output channels, but cant seem to change it.

Hope somebody can help.

Thanks.
Soeren Vestergaard
www.niceman.dk
In-car audio.

gappie

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 03:50:25 am »

have you enabled submix in the mixer? under view, or just hit S to toggle it on and of. in the attachment you see the mixer with submix enabled. that way you can set what goes per output. the outputs you are working on are clear in the last row. as you can see i only have the analogue output enabled, and im setting the signal for outputs 5 and 6 (3rd row). at this moment the signal from channels 1 and 2 are the ones routed to output 5 & 6 (and some from the first row, but that is unimportant). now click on the next channel in the third row and do the same. when finished remind to save it as a preset. at the right side.

gab

niceman

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2010, 02:14:50 pm »

Yes, I have looked at the submix also...

I got it to work now, so the playback goes to the right output now and saved it.

I made some changes in the DRC software, so its working now.

But maybe I will be back with more questions at another time:)

Thanks.
Soeren Vestergaard
www.niceman.dk
In-car audio.
Pages: [1]   Go Up