INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Different logons accessing MJ  (Read 742 times)

RobN

Different logons accessing MJ
« on: June 20, 2002, 04:27:59 pm »

I have WinXP and MJ works fine on my login, but when my wife tries to run it, she gets a corrupt looking shell for MJ. I have installed MJ under both of us with no avail.

Rob

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:Different logons accessing MJ
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2002, 04:59:07 pm »

Make sure you install the full version for both.

What version?
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

RobN

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2002, 06:56:23 pm »

I downloaded the latest download(9MB) for MJ8 but the problem was happening with 7.2 before I installed 8.0 tonight.

And I did load it under both users separately.

Rob

Bishop

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2002, 11:28:18 pm »

Having the same problem here running under WinXP Pro. I installed it under the admin account and it works perfectly. Then installed it under the other accounts on this machine (6 accounts total)and all of them have corrupt graphics.

Well, maybe corrupt isn't the right description... All the window backgrounds are black. All the text is black, almost everything is black, menu bars, vis window, media pane... can't see anything.

I've tried completely uninstalling MJ and deleting the program files dir, and deleting all registry entries. Then reinstalled .302, and restored the license on all accounts but, to no avail. The other accounts can't use it.

I just downloaded the latest WHQL video drivers from nVidia for my GF2, but I don't think it's a video driver issue.

If you guys can help me out with this little 'snag', then this will be the best media program ever installed on this machine!

Bishop

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2002, 12:21:54 am »

This will teach me to read through the forums better to find an answer. In a post ZRocker was kind enough to post this link...
http://www.mediajukebox.com/cgi-bin/interact/NeoBoard.pl?Action=ShowPost&Board=inter&Post=10744&BoardIdle=7&SortingBy=0&BoardOrder=Descend&Page=1

The bottom registry trick worked perfectly.

Just need to go to regedit.
Locate HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver
Right click on the "JRiver" folder
Click on Export
Choose a location for the reg file. (A place that your other accounts can grab it)
After saving the file, switch over to the account you want to fix.
Locate the reg file that you saved and double click on it
Answer Yes to save the registry settings.

This worked, even after the reinstall tricks didn't.

-Devlopers
Maybe this could be put into the FAQ for the other people out there? FAQs are generally the first place a user would hit before the forums from what I've seen.

I've said it once and I'll say it again, a very sweet collection of code.. tight, clean and functional. Great software guys!

rpertusio

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2002, 10:22:14 am »

or.. have the MJ installer place the registry values for all users automatically.  (not sure how the addition of more users after installation would affect MJ)
Pages: [1]   Go Up