INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Incorrect Channel Routing  (Read 2352 times)

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Incorrect Channel Routing
« on: August 15, 2010, 12:25:46 pm »

I recently installed a new Asus Essence ST Soundcard with H6 Expansion board and the Asus Bit Perfect Asio Beta Drivers. I have individual amps on the output of each channel from the soundcard for a 5.1 setup.

There seems to be no way to get the channel routing correct. I don't have any kind of 5.1 channel input device (DVD-A, etc.). I'm using the test tones in MC 15 Room Correction while playing a 2 channel cd rip to check the channel routing.

Here's what I get with the following settings: Output Format 5.1 Channels, No Mixing, Move Bass to sub.

TONE      SPEAKER
L            L
R           R
C           L Side
Sub       R Side
Surr L    Sub
Surr R    C

Changing the offsets wont return a correct routing.

There is another recent thread that sounds like a person is having a similar problem, but with a different sound card. It would sure be helpful for these situations if JRiver could provide a matrix for channel routing something like FFDShow has. BTW I have that turned off in Video settings.

Does anyone have an idea what could be wrong or how to go about troubleshooting the problem?

Thanks,
Rod

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Re: Incorrect Channel Routing
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 03:09:15 pm »

In Tools > Options > Audio > Audio Output you need to use ASIO and then under "output mode settings" make sure that "Channel swap" is set to swap channels. This swaps the Ctr/LFE with the surrounds. Second, you just need to swap cables for the Center and LFE output. On the H6, my LFE output is the 3rd RCA jack down and the Ctr is the 4th jack down. Let me know if you have any more questions.

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
Re: Incorrect Channel Routing
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 05:53:32 pm »

That did it Michael. I was hesitant to swap any output cables (before your post) thinking that sub and center info might get scrambled. But it appears to be working great!

Now I just have to figure out how to get multiple sharp filters on the sub (only) output for some heavy duty equalization of our Danley DTS-10. I want to free up our DCX2496 for Active Crossover duties. Think I'll start another thread in the MC15 forum.

Thanks very much for your invaluable help.

Rod

Pages: [1]   Go Up