INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Orphan Thumbnail  (Read 1300 times)

baba100

Orphan Thumbnail
« on: July 04, 2010, 06:34:51 pm »

Hi
I have some problem with “orphan Thumbnail”

I have folder with 276 movies files, I create a smartlist for this folder, and its work fine.

Now, from this folder I delete 76 files, and the thumbnail still show in the playlist (with yellow star)
I know it supposed to update it automatically, but it’s not happened.

Please help.

221bBS

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Orphan Thumbnail
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 10:46:43 pm »

Couple ways to handle this.

1. Delete the files within MC (not explorer) and pick either send to trash can or delete forever.

2. Go to Options > Library & Folders > Configure auto-import and configure it to update for external changes and fix broken links.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 09:50:36 am »

Did you delete the files within MC, or did you use Explorer? If you used Explorer, MC has no way of knowing that you deleted the files. When you launch MC, it's looking for the files, because their record is in the library. Just choose the files in MC and "delete". If the files are gone from your drive, you can simply choose "delete from library", but any of the options will work.

baba100

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 12:32:24 pm »

Hi fitbrit.

Yes, you right files was delete by explore. If so,  what all the idea with "smart list" ? "isn't to to be smart list"
My folders are adding/deleting files with outside software, and its work wonderful with "smart list" as long is only adding, but when files are deleting smart list isn't smart...

Please consider fix it in the next version.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 01:40:47 pm »

I don't think there's anything to fix. What if the files are on an external disk that you have not connected? If MC doesn't find the files, should it delete them from the library? Absolutely not! If you reconnect the external drive and find all your beautifully tagged media missing from MC15, you would not be happy. We cannot expect a piece of software to read our minds, at least all the time.
MC is library based; if a corresponding file isn't found, MC will let you know, but won't delete the entry.
This is actually a great feature for me. I have a copy of my library with me at work, without any of the files. This allows me to check what I have in my library at home at any time. Sure, all the cover art shows the yellow cross, but at least I can check whether I bought that copy of Shawshank Redemption- before I jump on a special offer and inadvertently buy it again online.

What you should consider the next time you delete files is to do it within MC... if you want MC to know about it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up