INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: wicked audio level  (Read 1325 times)

v2belleville

wicked audio level
« on: August 22, 2010, 02:24:33 pm »

when listening to music with media jukebox, the audio level suddenly gets set to 0 or 100% both in the player and in the general windows mixer. I can slide the level controls as much I want (in app or windows mixer) , it gets set back to 0 or 100%. only reboot gives me control on audio level back ...

My computer runs windows 7. I have checked the windows setting ("deactivate sound effects" for the speaker which should deactivate loudness equalization and also set the action for when communication is detected to "do nothing" )

In MJ, I have unchecked optimize volume for best quality and set volume to 80%

but still, the d*mn wicked thing would not let me deal with the audio level myself...

if someone has any idea about how I could get it to keep it's nose out of this, it would be very helpful !

many thanks in advance!

v2belleville

Re: wicked audio level
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 03:35:55 pm »

I have a wireless audio device connected with a usb dongle

I use to leave the dongle on the PC even when not using the audio device

looks like unplugging it prevents the weird audio level behaviour described above from happening

:)

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 03:08:26 am »

I use to leave the dongle on the PC even when not using the audio device
I wonder if Windows 7  power management is putting the USB port to sleep after a period of inactivity?

I know you can turn that off, but I can't remember where you get to it. Advanced power options rings a bell....

roognation

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Resistance is /dev/null
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2010, 01:23:26 pm »

I was experiencing the same thing; in Options -> Startup,  if you uncheck the optimize for best quality and uncheck the 80% then it will not modify the volume settings of the WAVE device.
==
roognation
human electrode
Pages: [1]   Go Up