INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with Netflix in Theater View  (Read 2616 times)

drmimosa

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Problem with Netflix in Theater View
« on: August 16, 2010, 12:35:38 am »

Hello,

I am a netflix subscriber and have Media Center 15.087. When I go to Theater View, the Netflix interface only shows tab called "Instant Cue" which does not respond.

Netflix works fine in the standard view, after I add as a choice under "-video -connected media."

Netflix also works in IE and Chrome browsers, plus I have UAC disabled in windows 7

This problem appeared in several other posts with no clear fix. Any ideas on how to get netflix to work in theater mode??

Thanks!

Phil

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Problem with Netflix in Theater View
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 07:25:27 am »

I am a netflix subscriber and have Media Center 15.087. When I go to Theater View, the Netflix interface only shows tab called "Instant Cue" which does not respond.
Try waiting a few minutes.  Netflix can be slow.

Use the arrow keys to make sure that Instant Queue is highlighted.

drmimosa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 11:29:24 pm »

Jim,

Thank you very much for your reply, I really appreciate your time and help!

I still don't have any luck with the Netflix Theater interface. It just stays on "Instant Queue" with no response, even after 10+ min.

Is there any other thing to troubleshoot for this feature to work?

Phil

drmimosa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 12:18:57 am »

Ok, I just found a solution...there were no videos in my instant queue. In other words, User Error!

This was not obvious at first because the default netflix website does not seem to have an instant queue button, this queue seems to be only accessible from netflix enabled devices (TV, BR Players, Xbox, etc.)

I was able start an instant queue using WMC, however. It launched an automatic download and the first screen was a search interface for the instant queue feature. For now, I can hop over to WMC and add 30+ videos to Instant Queue, then head back over to JRiver.

Maybe there is a way to add and subtract movies from the Instant Queue in JRiver Media Player? 

drmimosa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 12:24:00 am »

By the way, browsing the forum there are admin replies on almost every post. That is VERY unusual on "the internet," and I'd like to say thanks again.

I've found several other solutions and answers on this forum, which continues to make a great program even better!

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 07:03:09 am »

Thanks.  Also thanks for reporting the solution.

I use my web browser to add to my instant queue.  I don't know another way.

drmimosa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 10:33:42 pm »

I have still had no luck connecting and managing my Instant Cue on the Netflix website.

I called Netflix customer service and they said that unless you have a purchased and activated a "Netflix Ready Device" and activated it online, you cannot manage the Instant Cue online via the webpage. They also said that there was no way around this problem other than purchasing and activating a device, because each new device generates a new unique activation code, webpage feature is added automatically upon activation, etc.

The solution of using WMC to manage this list works OK. WMC seems to access this feature without a web browser (featuring a clunky MS interface, of course.)

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2010, 07:38:31 am »

I have still had no luck connecting and managing my Instant Cue on the Netflix website.

I called Netflix customer service and they said that unless you have a purchased and activated a "Netflix Ready Device" and activated it online, you cannot manage the Instant Cue online via the webpage. They also said that there was no way around this problem other than purchasing and activating a device, because each new device generates a new unique activation code, webpage feature is added automatically upon activation, etc.
You can't manage your queue from MC.  You can only play from it.

You'll need to use your web browser to add movies to your queue.

Eventually this will probably change.
Pages: [1]   Go Up