INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: skippy avi playback until I go to full screen mode  (Read 806 times)

Paul

skippy avi playback until I go to full screen mode
« on: June 20, 2002, 08:09:11 am »

Greetings,

Great software and great board, there's a good vibe here and I could easily find answers to all of my questions (and much more), but for one.

When playing an avi file, and only this video format, the playback won't be smooth unless I put my mouse pointer on the image or if a white contextual info box steps on it (ex. volume %).  When I go full screen the playback is smooth, and then going back to the original window the playback is smooth this time, until I star a new avi movie (with or without leaving MJ).

Any thoughts on that?  Thanks in advance,

Paul (not the one from the "dissatisfied" post!)

Media Jukebox  8.0.300
Install Path: C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

CPU: Intel Pentium III 701 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 130 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 2 (Build 2195)

Internet Explorer: 5.50.4134.0600
ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4134.600
Shlwapi.dll: 5.50.4134.600
Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.4718
wnaspi32.dll: 4.57 (1008) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1997 Adaptec, Inc.
Aspi32.sys: 4.57 (1008)

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:skippy avi playback until I go to full screen mode
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2002, 09:31:58 am »

[satisfied] Paul,
Welcome.  Don't know what the problem is.  Did you try a different skin or no skin?

Does resizing the window have any effect?

Could be a video driver problem, I suppose.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

[s] Paul

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2002, 12:00:50 pm »

Hello Jim,

Until I go to full screen, the size of the window doesn't matter.  After going to full screen the problem is completely solved.  I've disabled skins or tried others but it's had no effect.  MJ runs on a laptop and my video card is a ATI Rage LT Pro AGP 8 MB SGRAM; my drivers are up to date.  I don't experience this behaviour using the other players on my computer (Windows Media, Irfanview, Real) or a video editing program (Premiere, Virtual Dub).

I hope this helps a little bit.

Paul

[s] Paul

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2002, 07:39:13 am »

Hello again,

I've upgraded to 317 but I still experience a skippy playback with avi files (like an old movie).  I should also say that the picture is a bit blocky.  Again, after going through the full screen routine everything plays and looks smooth at any size.  Avi files play fine right from the beginning in all the other players on my computer.

Anybody else experiencing this?

Paul
Pages: [1]   Go Up