INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Deleted or moved media files remain continue to appear in library  (Read 2109 times)

debt_collector

• Recent member

I removed some tv progammes after watching them and moved some video files files to another location and re-imported them to my video library. The missing deleted or moved files' thumbnail still show in my TV Show library with a red cross on the bottom left corner. I tried to update library from tag and ran auto import but the thumbnails of these files remain. What's the best way of updating my library to make MC remove library entries of deleted/moved entries?
On a separate note, i find that video files aren't always imported to the video library. Would it not be useful to add a function that if ticked will ask MC to tag files from folder name? MC could tag files in a 'video' folder as video files and tag media sub-types e.g., in TV Show and Movie sub-folders with the respective sub-type. Any thoughts?

bilbo2112

• Junior Woodchuck
  • "We have assumed control"
Re: Deleted or moved media files remain continue to appear in library
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 01:30:27 pm »

I have exactly the same problem.  Too bad no one have an answer for this :-[

I replaced some of my mp3 albums with flac versions and the mp3's are still showing in the ML even after a auto-import process.

I have to manually delete them from the ML.  Sure I can delete all the library and redo the import process but it must be a smartest way to do this since I have over 30 000 files !!!

Thanks

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 08:46:04 pm »

Try this:

Main Menu > Tools > Import...

Pick 'Auto-Import'

Under 'Tasks', change 'Fix broken links' to 'Yes' (it's set to 'Yes (protect network files)' by default)

Click 'Finish'

The default 'Yes (protect network files)' could cause a broken link to remain if it's from a network drive.  This is because we have to be careful since network drives can come and go, so we can't just remove missing files from network drives.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 11:31:38 pm »

What about the problem of files that I've deleted from the library that then reappear on subsequent auto-imports? Happens with audio, video, images & documents....

I've double- and triple-checked that "Ignore files previously removed from library" is checked. Would excluding certain subfolders have any bearing on the problem?

brad

bilbo2112

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 09:26:04 am »

Try this:

Main Menu > Tools > Import...

Pick 'Auto-Import'

Under 'Tasks', change 'Fix broken links' to 'Yes' (it's set to 'Yes (protect network files)' by default)

Click 'Finish'

The default 'Yes (protect network files)' could cause a broken link to remain if it's from a network drive.  This is because we have to be careful since network drives can come and go, so we can't just remove missing files from network drives.

It is indeed a network drive.  I checked "Yes" on 'Fix broken links' but the files that I moved or deleted remains in ML with a broken link.

I understand that we have to protect the files on the network drive, but the ML as to be updated.  I had an option in Winamp that says "Remove missing files from media library".  It doesn't change the source drive, just the ML data.

If the drive is missing for some reason, there could be a warning that says "Several files are missing. Are you sure you want to update the ML?" or something like that.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 09:55:35 am »

It is indeed a network drive.  I checked "Yes" on 'Fix broken links' but the files that I moved or deleted remains in ML with a broken link.

What view in Media Center is showing the broken-links?

I can't think why auto-import wouldn't remove it if it truly was a broken link.  Would you be willing to provide me a library backup?  Then I could test the same thing on my side.  I'm matt at jriver dot com.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

bilbo2112

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2010, 01:35:11 pm »

I got it!  Finally  ;D

I did run the auto-import again, with "Fix Broken Links" without "protect network files".

This time, 266 broken links were fixed in my library without touching the files on my network drive.

I'm not sure what kind of risk I'm exposed to doing auto-import that way.

Any ideas?

Pages: [1]   Go Up