INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ram Disk.  (Read 1415 times)

666JackTheKnife666

• World Citizen
Ram Disk.
« on: August 21, 2010, 08:09:29 pm »

I have setup a 1 gig ram-disk on my computer. And I have configured jrmc to see it as a handheld device so I can sync a playlist to it.

My issue is I don't seem to be able to get jrmc to actually play the files on it. The playlist that gets synced to the ram-disk lists the path to the original files and not the copy in the ram-disk.
I would appreciate any suggestions as to how I can fix that.
Tia..

I want to say that my posts of late have been a bit negative and I would like to apologize, Jrmc is by far the most flexible Media Center app. that I have ever seen I LOVE it!!  I just get frustrated so often trying to make it do what I think it should, spending hours trying to work around the shortfalls.
jrmc is like owning a truly fantastic luxurious house where you discover to turn the light's on you have to hit the doorbell and the faucet's hot and cold are backwards , the cubberd have specific places for every kind of dishes except for plates, and the silverware drawer have every kind you can imagine except there's no forks.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Ram Disk.
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 04:23:02 am »

The playlist that gets synced to the ram-disk lists the path to the original files and not the copy in the ram-disk.

Naturally syncing is not supposed to alter the existing playlists. They are supposed to play the original source files in the original format without needing the handheld to be present.

You can play the synced files directly from the Handheld section in the tree or you can drag & drop a playlist from the HH location in Windows Explorer to Playing Now (or access the playlist through MC Tree > Drives & Devices > My Computer > [drive letter & playlist path] ).

You may want to disable the option to automatically import the played tracks. (Tools > Options > General > Importing & tagging > Automatically import files when played)
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

666JackTheKnife666

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 02:41:26 am »

thank you, by creating a 2nd playlist and populating it from the HH section in drives and devices the playlist points to the files on Ram Disk. excelent!! I am going to try a drive shift 2morrow with this.

666JackTheKnife666

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 06:18:50 pm »

I ended up working for 12 hrs, driving 11 over average road surfaces, only noticed my laptop doing safety hdd head park's 3 times today. Jrmc played my audio book with out problems ALL DAY. Wow.. that hasn't happened  EVER before. If anyone is trying to use Jrmc on a laptop in a high vibration/relatively high G environment playing from a ram disk is the way to go.
The only bummer in the deal is the time it takes to prep the system to work.
My procedure.
Prolog: there are 2 playlists I have to fuss with to make this work, 1. Is RamDisk Sync and the other is RamDisk Play.

Step 1 clear RamDisk Sync.
Step 2 find book I desire to listen to do a select all ctrl a.
Step 3 right click and in menu use send to function to populate RamDisk Sync playlist.
Step 4 Sync to the RamDIsk.
Step 5 Clear RamDisk Play.
Step 6 Navigate in the Tree to the RamDisk in hand held devices.
Step 7 do another select all ctrl a
Step 8 right click and in menu use send to function to populate RamDisk Play playlist.

your now ready to listen to your audio book or what ever from your RamDisk.
I really wish Jrmc was scriptable so I could just do a select all on some content and hit a button off it goes doing my tedious task for me, speaking of tedious, how do you get rid of the are you sure messege boxs that constantly pop up as I tag groups of files.??

Pages: [1]   Go Up