INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple album art  (Read 3223 times)

lostvibrations

• World Citizen
Multiple album art
« on: August 29, 2010, 11:06:21 am »

I was wondering if it is possible to display multiple album art with MC ? Ideally, when I click on an album I would like to see the front & back covers. Alternatively, some option to cycle through the available covers/booklet/etc would be great!

D

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Multiple album art
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 10:40:28 am »

Sorry, but this isn't currently possible.

You can configure Theater View to show an online media slideshow for what is playing, but there's no way to store multiple local images per file.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

lostvibrations

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 10:57:57 am »

That's a shame! Another program allows you to you store front/back/cd/booklet scans. You can cycle through them or click to view the one you want. I have temporarily switched to JRiver as it seems a bit smoother and more responsive overall (for a large collection), though I am keen to find a way to view the album art.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 11:15:19 am »

A workaround is to create playlists or library views that contain the image files and music files. MC has always been able to play slideshows with music.

I have custom library views that show my albums with complete scanned art sets (Front, Back, Inlay, CD, Booklet pages, etc). I can easily play the albums with a slideshow. When a slideshow is running it provides useful controls (pause, previous, next, zoom, pan).
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

lostvibrations

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 10:53:11 am »

Can I ask how to create a library view that shows the music files and image files? Thanks

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2010, 11:23:21 am »

The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2010, 11:34:40 am »

Actually, here's my reply from the first link above. I'd like to bump my request, but the reply was posted in the MC14 board and it is better to continue the discussion here:

I wonder who that could be?  :)

Sorry, I am a bit busy now, but I have described the system several times. I have gathered many of my cover art and image slideshow related links in the following replies:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=51538.msg351851#msg351851
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=51538.msg351858#msg351858

The idea of an automatic slideshow feature is good and it isn't new. There used to be some third party plugins/visualizations that attempted to create a cover art slideshow, but in my opinion none of them worked as well as the built-in "manual" slide show works. Possibly the old plugins would not even work anymore with MC14.

A feature request to JRiver:

A new display visualization called "auto slideshow" for audio files.

It would have exactly the same control features as the current slideshow (transition effects, timing, play/pause/next/previous, zoom, etc) and also:

It would populate the slideshow automatically when a new track starts playing. It would have a few options for the possible image locations, for instance:

- a tickbox for "audio file's folder" and a sub-option "include all subfolders"

- a tickbox for "include defined relative subfolders" and a box where the paths can be added, e.g: .\art;.\covers   (a certain character, like semicolon, could work as a separator)

- a tickbox for "full paths" and a box where the paths can be added, e.g. D:\images\my new vacation pictures\first set\;E:\images\my new vacation pictures\second set

- an option for "don't refresh the image list before playback is stopped and restarted". This option would make possible to keep the first gathered and started slideshow running during the complete audio playlist.

The image playlist should be sorted alphabetically by default, but possibly also the sort order could be adjustable.

The options should be available before any files are played so that it would be possible to preconfigure the visualization.

It should not be limited to the jpg format. Maybe only raw images should be excluded because probably decoding them would be too slow.

lostvibrations

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2010, 12:42:30 pm »

Thanks, that is interesting.

Any chance of some advice in setting up a new view which shows the audio files and all of the image files in the same folder? I've taken a look at some of the walkthroughs but I'm struggling to get this to work. Excuse my ignorance!  :)

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2010, 09:03:33 am »

Well, it is explained in the linked threads. I am not sure how I could explain it better.

You can start experimenting with the "music + slideshow" feature by browsing to MC tree > Drives & Devices > My Computer > [the path of your music and image files] ...
In there select the audio files and music files (you can use the "right-click lasso" feature if that makes it easier) and play them. The music should start playing and you should see the image slideshow in the display.

In order to make the images show up also inside a library view they must be imported to the database and you must create a view that is not restricted to audio. Either don't specify any restrictions or restrict it to audio and images. You may also need to untick the "Use parent scheme rules for file display" setting if the view is a child view. If you don't want to tag the images you can create a file location based view.

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2010, 10:42:02 am »

Mine is something like this:
View as: File List

Rules for display:
(([Media Type]=[Audio] and [Complete Album]=1) or ([Media Type]=[Image] and -[Album]=[])) [Filename (path)]="x:\" ~sort=[Media Type],[Track #],[Disc #],[Album],[Name],[Filename],[Album Artist (auto)]

Above shows Audio and images where [Album] tag is not empty and [Filename (path)] contains x:\ (=drive where my and music/cover art is located). [Album] and [Artist] tags are tagged for both music and cover art.

"Use parent scheme rules for file display" setting is unticked as this view is under audio views

List Style: details

Group By: Artist/Album

lostvibrations

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2010, 11:55:07 am »

Thanks Lepa!

I take it that
[Media Type]=[Audio]
[Complete Album]=1
[Media Type]=[Image]
-[Album]=[]
etc

Are all different and separate "rules"? I did the first rule, but for the second one (complete album = 1), the only options are [complete album] [is] [true or false]. Did you mean true?

Cheers

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2010, 12:56:32 pm »

It same as true. So my view only shows complete albums. I copied that syntax using import  /export. So you can copy/paste whole string with import/export button and then re-tune rules to your own liking using GUI.

You can get "(" and "[" in the  by clicking in the border of the rule
http://www.pix01.com/gallery/C4F92FC3-EC89-413B-B1E8-8F13F0732701/MC15/thumbnails.html

lostvibrations

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2010, 02:23:04 pm »

OK I imported the whole string. It said "There are no files. Double-click here to add files to the library". So I added a folder of music with cover art. It imported the files, and they appeared in the recently imported section. However, I when I click on my new view, it still shows "There are no files....."

Any ideas?

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2010, 03:14:32 pm »

Did you change [Filename (path)]="x:\" rule to correspond your file locations?
Of course even though it is necessary rule for me your file naming structure might not need that at all. It was just one example how to do it.

lostvibrations

• World Citizen
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2010, 04:46:34 am »

Thanks - that worked!

One other thing; if I go to "customise view" then "set rules for file display", the "modify results" section is set to "sort by...media type". If I change the "sort by" to anything else, then click OK, then go back into the "set rules for file display" box, it has been set back to sort by media type! How can I change this to remember to sort by something else such as album artist? Thanks!

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2010, 05:39:21 am »

I don't know why it didn't remember the setting (It should do that).
Maybe it is easiest if remove current sort by rule totally and then make a new one.

Remember though that this sorting applies only under the groups(if used). My grouping is Artist/Album so my view makes groups of Album by Artist.
As a sorting inside the group I used Media Type because I wanted that albums audio files are shown first cover art is shown last inside the group.
Like this:
http://www.pix01.com/gallery/C4F92FC3-EC89-413B-B1E8-8F13F0732701/MC15/thumbnails.html

lostvibrations

• World Citizen
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2010, 06:52:53 am »

Yes something like your screenshot is what I'm trying to do.

I tried something different; I right-clicked on the "artists" tab under "audio" and went to "customise view".

It is set as view as categories and show categories in this order (album artist (auto), album artist, year-album).

If I go to "set rules for file display", then there are no rules there. I unticked "use parent scheme rules". If I add the rule [media type] [is] [audio], then nothing seems to change with the view. If I then add another rule, [media type] [is] [image], then all the files disappear! I thought that this would have made the view show both audio and image files.

Am I doing something wrong here? Thanks for your help so far  :)

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2010, 07:16:47 am »

You need "or" statement between audio and image
So it should look something like this in the import export:
[Media Type]=[Audio] or [Media Type]=[Image]

In the GUI you can group rules with OR by using () (click at the border of the rule)
[] represent AND in the GUI

Also I don't remember anymore but for some reason I needed to use File List view instead of Categories.

lostvibrations

• World Citizen
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2010, 09:00:20 am »

Thanks, with the ( and ) all the files appear again!

The album art now also appears under the "audio" menu. However, whilst the artists are sorted alphabetically, the album art is still not listed with the music files. It appears separately at the bottom of the alphabet tree, under the category "unassigned".

What do I need to do now to get the album art to appear together with the music files? I'm making progress !
Pages: [1]   Go Up