INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hide picture controls and other requests for video OSD menu  (Read 1460 times)

cncb

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

1) Can we have the option to hide the picture controls (contrast, brightness, etc.) for the video OSD menu?  I don't ever want to change these and would rather not have someone else accidentally do it.  It also adds a lot of unnecessary (for me) items in the menu that I have to scroll through to get to what I want.

2) Ideally I would want and have requested some kind of graphical "time bar" position indicator.  However, if this is not feasible at the moment could a simple text-based position indicator be used just like that used for the picture controls?  That is, move the position text to the top line and have a series of "||||----" indicating the progress on the second line?

3) Could the current time-of-day be put on OSD menu?  This would be very helpful especially when watching live tv.

Thanks.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

raym

• MC Beta Team
Re: Hide picture controls and other requests for video OSD menu
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 08:28:51 pm »

+1 on all 3!

These particular OSD requests are common.

A couple of other annoyances for me are:
a) When watching live tv, there's a "Playing Now" OSD item and a "Programs" item. If you have EPG data loaded, "Playing Now" is redundant and just gets in the way. It is never instantly available as it's not the first item in the list (you must arrow up x2). I'd like to be able to remove options like this.

b) When seeking a DVD (CTRL+left/right arrow), you get a nice elapsed time/duration indicator in the OSD that stays on-screen until playback is resumed. This doesn't happen for ANY other video format including timeshifted TV. I wish it did as it's very useful when you're trying to work out where you are in a video.

Thanks.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

tls62dk

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 06:09:37 am »

I agree to all the above. The OSD in Theaterview needs a little work. There is currently to many options in the menu. Maybe changing the sequence of the items in this menu would do the trick.

I have noticed something else. The feedback from MC is different depending on what type of video is played. Selecting a DVD (ifo) from a harddrive will just start the movie. No other respons. Same thing with an AVI file, except for the little star and the word "Opening" appearing. But when I start a Blu-ray movie in a ISO file, MC returns with the worh "Play" appearing in the middle of the screen for a second or two.

This feedback with the word "Play" is important to me, since all my media is stored on a NAS and the respons time from that varies depending on if the NAS is a sleep or not.

A little more consistency in the way MC react to the play command, would be nice.

TLS

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 11:48:36 am »

Any chance any of the items in this list could be addressed?

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2010, 08:16:21 am »

bump...

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2010, 09:39:36 am »

I don't think I can sell TV watching in MC to my family without #2.  Pretty please?
Pages: [1]   Go Up