INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: rioriot support  (Read 583 times)

traveler

rioriot support
« on: June 19, 2002, 10:17:35 pm »

I have a couple of questions:

1. I received an email about a new version of MJ being available so I downloaded it. How can I tell what the new features/improvements are? I was running 8.0.? which I downloaded a couple of weeks ago. I appear to be running 8.0.293.

2.  Any plans to support the RioRiot? I'm not too happy with mine due to the pitiful battery life, so I am waiting for the Creative Jukebox 3 to become available. Does your existing Jukebox plug-in support the Jukebox 3?

Thanks

Steve

RE:rioriot support
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2002, 05:37:10 am »

traveler,

To see the changes for older versions of MJ, you can click on "Jukebox" and "MJ History" on this page. However, changes for 8.0.300 are not yet included there. To see those changes go to:
http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/interact/NeoBoard.pl?Action=ShowPost&Board=inter&Post=11254&BoardIdle=7&SortingBy=0&BoardOrder=Descend&Page=1&UserSession=

In regards to the RioRiot, I emailed our contact at SonicBlue again yesterday in regards to this, but still have no reply. I have a Jukebox 3 here for testing and it works with the current Nomad Jukebox Plug-in. The internal arrangement of the files is pretty much the same between Nomad Jukebox 2 and 3.

traveler

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2002, 07:51:49 am »

Steve,

Thanks. A couple more questions: How do you like the Jukebox 3 so far as sound quality goes?

Second, Which playlist format will I be able to download from Media Jukebox to the Jukebox  3 that will work? I asked the same question to Creative, and they replied that the only playlist downloads the Jukebox 3 supports are those loaded from their playcenter software, which as we all know isn't as "robust" as it should be...Nor do I fully believe Creative's  response.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2002, 09:17:41 am »

traveler,

In regards to sound quality, it seems OK. I haven't spent a lot of time listening to it extensively because I am busy trying to keep the nuts and bolts of getting connected to the growing stack of players happening.  If you want better feedback on this, try posting a new thread soliciting feedback from people who use it extensively and you might get a broader response that will be more useful.

I do not know definitively what Playlist types are supported. If you want, email me at steve @ jriver.com with the types you are interested in and I will connect the Nomad 3 and see what happens.

If for example you are wondering if you can export an .m3u playlist,keep in mind that to do this with MJ you would need to create a Playlist on Nomad and then download the files to the selected playlist. I know this will work.  However, MJ does not display .m3u files directly so it is not possible to drag and drop the .m3u directly to the Nomad 3 which is why it is not relevant to MJ whether .m3u files can be sent directly to Nomad 3.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up