INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: choose options for right click  (Read 802 times)

baba100

choose options for right click
« on: August 31, 2010, 12:21:55 am »

Hi Jim, and all.

Since I saw here lot of threads about reset the bookmark, maybe you can think about this idea.
Please consider to add in MC setting “choose options for right click” so user can add variety of actions when he right click on the mouse.

Ben

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: choose options for right click
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 03:21:06 am »

There is already the option to store up to eight last used right-click commands on the top of the menu. It helps quite a bit.

Tools > Options > Tree & View > Advanced > Right click recent command count...

I always set it to "eight".

One thing that I have noticed is that it unnecessarily duplicates the "Tag (Alt + Enter)", "Rename (F2)", and "Remove From List (Delete)" commands, which are already accessible directly without going to a sub-menu. It doesn't do that for "Play".

It could memorize more other recently user commands if these three would not be replicated. (JRiver, consider this as a small feature change request.)
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

baba100

Re: choose options for right click
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 03:44:20 am »

Yes, you right Alex.

I thought if possible to give user more power to choose,

for example:
I want to add the command “remove bookmark”,  “clear tag XXX” (where xxx is any tag I choose) etc…

You know, I saw these options in several software, and mobile phone, I think it’s very handy.

Ben
Pages: [1]   Go Up