INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I just want to upgrade from MC14 to MC15 and keep ALL my old settings  (Read 935 times)

JeffPalley

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...

I already have a license and install key for 15 (because I bought 14 right before 15 was available).  At that time, I did a lot of customization and now I've totally forgotten how I did it ... and don't particulary want to re-figure it all out again because I'm not a MediaCenter techie (I love it though) ... I'm just a non-techie music listener. 

So is there a way to just replace my old 14 with the new 15 and have everything be the same -- without having to install 15, then uninstall 14 (and presumably lose my old settings and have to figure them all out again)?

If there's not a way to do that, what are where are all the old settings FILES I can just copy over to my MC15 installation ... in the hope that everything will then look and work the same.  I already know -- or beieve -- that I can restore the library by restoring a recent MC14 library backup I have.

Appreciate your help ... there's got to be -- I'm hoping -- an easy way.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: I just want to upgrade from MC14 to MC15 and keep ALL my old settings
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 01:30:14 pm »

It should be as easy as making a library backup in v14, then restoring it in v15.  Be sure to check 'Restore settings' when restoring with v15.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up