INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA "Play To" on Squeeze boxes?? Yay!  (Read 2424 times)

raldo

• Citizen of the Universe
DLNA "Play To" on Squeeze boxes?? Yay!
« on: September 04, 2010, 07:09:29 am »

Some interesting stuff going on in the Squeezebox forums nowadays: Whitebear Server exposes Squeezeboxes as DLNA Digital Media Renderer (DMR)

Whitebear server is obviously about to be released with DMR functionality, this is really good news!

)p(

Re: DLNA "Play To" on Squeeze boxes?? Yay!
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 04:57:27 am »

It works with the last version. More or less. I can play songs both from the mc gui and plugplayer on the iphone. There are some updating issues though when you change songs. And of course you cant add (yet?) the mc dsp into the chain. Response is great...even better then my virtual audio cable to wavinput plugin solution.

raldo

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 08:04:21 pm »

It works with the last version. More or less. I can play songs both from the mc gui and plugplayer on the iphone. There are some updating issues though when you change songs. And of course you cant add (yet?) the mc dsp into the chain. Response is great...even better then my virtual audio cable to wavinput plugin solution.

I'd be interested to know how Zone Sync works when playing to Squeeze boxes. Have you tried this?

wombat66

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 10:22:13 pm »

Raldo, thanks for the heads up! Time to give it a try with my Squeezebox Boom.

)p(

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 01:06:35 am »

I'd be interested to know how Zone Sync works when playing to Squeeze boxes. Have you tried this?

I can play to all of them. Sync is not as good as with just using squeezecenter. Squeezecenter keeps players in sync...mc zoning does not. I dont really care about that. Main drawback for me using upnp is no dsp and no gapless playback.
Pages: [1]   Go Up