INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to show files when clicking on thumbnail?  (Read 1349 times)

lostvibrations

• World Citizen
How to show files when clicking on thumbnail?
« on: September 09, 2010, 03:41:24 am »

I have set up a new view (compilations by genre) and have the list style set up as "album thumbnails". When I enter a genre, then double-click on an album, it starts to play the whole album without showing me the files. Is it possible to have JRiver show the files when I double click on the album? Thanks!

Lasse_Lus

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to show files when clicking on thumbnail?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 04:48:03 am »

it is not possible (yet...)

you can browse an album using categories, but then you loose the "pane function"
MT5FR

lostvibrations

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 05:05:24 am »

Hmm, it just spontaneously seemed to fix itself. Now, when I click on "compilations by genre" in the tree view, it lists all the genres in the main view with stacked images. If I open a genre, it shows all the albums in thumbnail mode. If I double click on an album, the main view splits in two and the track details appear in the bottom half.

Seems to be working ok now for some reason!

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 08:54:47 am »

It is possible to use the "panes + list in the album thumbnail" mode or the "thumbnails on top + file list on bottom" mode. The latter does what you want. You can set the list to be always open or open it when you want to see it. The bottom list shows only the files that are included in the selection if you select one or more of the thumbnails.

I attached three screenshots. The hierarchy in the pictured view is Genre > Album Artist (auto) > Album.
- In the first screenshot I have the genres and one of the Genres is selected. The file list shows all files from the selected Genre.
- The second screenshot shows the Album Artists (i.e. the values from the Album Artist (auto) field) in one Genre after double-clicking that Genre. The file list shows all files from the selected Album Artist.
- The third screenshot shows the Albums from one Album Artist after double-clicking that Album Artist. One of the Albums is selected and the file list shows only the files from that album.

The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up