INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto-Import time-out problem  (Read 882 times)

bbuckeye

• Recent member
Auto-Import time-out problem
« on: September 10, 2010, 02:57:22 pm »

I'm considering upgrading to mc15 but am having some problems with the import settings.  I'm running Win7 Ultimate x86 and have the current release of MC15 (15.0.95).

When I attempt to add my first location to the auto import list (from the Media Import diologue box), I click the "add.." button and my system hangs.  I have to force-close MC.  I've tried a few diff ways to get here, but can't add locations.  I have also connected to a different network and attempted this, the "add.." option works and I'm able to browse to my location.  I've turned off my firewall as well with no luck.  I do have shared drives mapped, so when connected to the other network these aren't available.  Could this be the problem?  Am I missing something?

I've searched the forums without much luck and thought I'd just throw this question up against the wall!

Thanks!

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Auto-Import time-out problem
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 03:06:24 pm »

Hmmm... That's odd.  It sounds like it is having trouble parsing your attached network drives.  Are any of them weird or flaky?  (Maybe a NAS box or OSX server or something?)

The only thing I can suggest is to try updating to the current latest "forum" build, which is 106.  As I explain here, JRiver doesn't always push the "latest" version of MC out via the auto-updater.  You can always come to this forum and the latest version will be "stickied" to the top of this forum board.

It is worth a shot.  There could have been a bug fixed in the past couple of weeks that could be impacting you in build 15.0.95.  I don't remember seeing anything specific, but it is worth a shot.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 03:08:39 pm »

PS. If that doesn't work, post back to let us know.  We can have you turn on the advanced logging features and then reproduce the problem.  Some of the development team is out on vacation right now, but they'll be back soon enough and then you can mail them the logs and get it straightened out.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

bbuckeye

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 03:14:54 pm »

Yes, it's a NAS drive that uses proprietary software only compatible up to win-vista, so I'm sharing the drive thru my media machine and mapping to my laptop. (screwy workaround, but still fast enough for media play.)  I'll try your suggestions and report back, thanks for the quick response!
Pages: [1]   Go Up