INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: M4P files not playing  (Read 785 times)

Visth

• Junior Woodchuck
M4P files not playing
« on: September 12, 2010, 03:00:19 pm »

Weird issue. M4P files stopped working. THey were fine before... reloaded CCCP codecs, reloaded K-like mega codec pack.
I Tunes is installed and I own the files, computer authorized etc.. Actually reinstalled ITunes to make sure it re-registered.

The files are playing, as in: it is going through the file in media center over time, but there is no sound.

Anyone know how to fix this? I am sure it is something relatively easy, i.e. stupid..

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: M4P files not playing
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 08:20:10 am »

The codec packs shouldn't matter for M4P.  Those files are DRM protected and MUST be played via Quicktime, not DirectShow (assuming they can be played by MC at all, I don't have any so I don't know).

Try changing the Playback Method for QuickTime (mov) and/or M4V Video (m4v) to QuickTime in Options -> File Types.  There is no specific setting in there for M4P files.  That might be because they don't work, but it seems like you already had them working.

Did anything change?  Did you update to iTunes 10 or something?
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Visth

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: M4P files not playing
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 09:05:43 pm »

Fiddled with it some more, reinstalled quicktime (it did indeed upgrade to itunes 10, so that is probably when it all got screwed up. Still not sure what got screwed up though) and now they are playing through quicktime. However, it sounds like the M4P songs are played inside a hollow cave. Not a setting I can find anywhere to fix that. Looked under windows, quicktime, MC... must have a "concert hall" setting clicked somewhere but I do not see it...

Pages: [1]   Go Up