INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library Server Client uses all bandwith before the video playback starts  (Read 1004 times)

bwa

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile

I have MC 15.0.106 on both server and client.

The trouble is that when I play a video from the Library Server, it uses 100% bandwith (100 Mbit wired ethernet) for several minutes and when the video finally startes, it runs OK. But even if I have configured the Library Client to MPEG4 low bandwith stream, the original 4Mbit ts stream is received.

When I inspect the network bandwidth, it really looks like the whole video is sent to the client, because no traffic is seen on the network monitor when the video is playing...

Strange ?

This is when it works ok, I often experienced that the bandwitdh uses is 100% for 10 minutes, and if I try to cancel the play my whole W7 Ultimate 64 bit machine goes black, and needs to be restarted.

Bjørn-Willy

bwa

• World Citizen
Re: Library Server Client uses all bandwith before the video playback starts
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 03:46:42 pm »

After further investigation, it really looks like the whole file is transported to the the cilent before it's played.

That's just silly ....

bwa

• World Citizen
Re: Library Server Client uses all bandwith before the video playback starts
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 04:13:14 pm »

Hmmm  according to http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Library_Server it seems like this is intended for some files ... :(

It makes the library server useless for my videos ...

But it works very good for audio, though
Pages: [1]   Go Up