INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV Wonder ve  (Read 1104 times)

Griff

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
TV Wonder ve
« on: June 19, 2002, 01:57:51 pm »

Downloaded ver 8.0.300 and installed.I still have the same problems. When I start the TV and scan for channels, I get sound and a black Tv screen. If I go to devices and change the ATI tv wonder conexant capture to something else and then back, I get a hum bar across the tv screen and then when I change channels I will finaly get a picture. Is something not configured right? Also when I exit jukebox and bring up ATIs tv player, I get TV failed to initalize and have to reboot in order for it to work. Sounds like media jukebox is not releasing something.
Also I have been reading some of the past messages on this board and I have to agree that Media jukebox is missing the boat,when it comes to RF remote controls. If you take a look at audiostation which came with my Santa Cruz card, they offer a RF remote for around $20 and a wireless sys. to connect the pc to any audio sys. in the house for around $50. ATI all in wonder 7500 is the same from what I have readed(remote only). Media Jukebox site from what I see just offers IR remote help. IR remotes dont work thru walls.

claudio

• Galactic Citizen
RE:TV Wonder ve
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2002, 02:34:54 pm »

Hi Griff,

I've 2 different rf remotes (X10 and the Ati remote) and they both work fine with MJ. If you need more sophistication you can also use Girder , that altough originally meant for IR, support also RF remotes just fine

I've no clue of your other problems

Claudio

Griff

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2002, 05:14:21 pm »

Thanks Claudio for the info.

More info for my first prob.
windows xp home ed
ati radeon 7200
tvwonder ve

Yaobing

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2002, 04:30:50 am »

Hi Griff,

What you describe is curtainly not the right behavior. Here is what should have happened:

1. Start by clicking TV Tuner in the tree view on the left, the Channels window should appear. If not, click Channels>> button.
2. Click Add button and select Scan For Channels ...
3. Select a country and choose between Cable and Antenna and click Scan. You should see messages such as "Scanning for Channels. Please Wait... Channel 2 available" on the screen. At the end of the scan, all available channels should appear in the Channels window. At this point the tuner is put on the first available channel which is usaully Composite or SVideo. If you already have video source on this channel you would see it. Otherwise you see a bleen screen.
4. You should then double click on a channel you want to want to switch to that channel.

This is what happens when I use my TV Wonder VE on Windows 2000. Maybe there is an issue with XP.

Yaobing

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2002, 05:00:51 am »

Otherwise you see a bleen screen

Otherwise you see a blue screen.

griff

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2002, 06:20:58 am »

thanks Yaobing, what you discribe is right. The prob. is I end up with sound and a black picture. If I do what I discribe above, then I'll get a pic.
The one thing I did notice is in the channel area I get:
Name-------------#
vedio comp..----Input
Channel 36------36
channel 46------46
and so on..

Do you get vedio comp.. in the channel area too???
Thanks

Yaobing

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2002, 06:46:44 am »

Yes I get

Video Composite      InputSource1

as my first entry. And the first entry is what it tries to show immediately after Scan Channels.

I end up with sound and a black picture

So, if you double click on "Channel 36" there will be sound Channel 36, but there is just no picture?

Please try Options->Configure TV from the right-click menu. In the dialog window that appears, experimenting with the items in the "Advanced Properties" window by selecting an item and clicking Configure button (or simply double clicking the item).

For example,
open "Video Preview Pin ...", and make sure "Color Space / Compression " is YUY2;
open "Video Crossbar ..." and make sure "0:Video Decoder Out" is selected in the Output Combobox, and "1:Video Tuner In" is selected in the Input Combobox;
and open "TV Tuner..." and make sure all settings are correct there (Is the channel number correct? Is Antenna or Cable selected correctly? Is Video Standard correct?).
Pages: [1]   Go Up