INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPod sync: tracks not transferred error; duplicates & file not supported in list  (Read 880 times)

J.RiverFan

I'd just like to say this is my first post..................... ;D

O.K., I actually do have some questions, but first I must say WHAT A GREAT MEDIA PLAYER!!

A bit of background: I got my first iPod/mp3 player 1 year ago for my...let's just say, one of those birthdays of the "the big (?)-O" variety, and then downloaded iTunes. I had only used Windows Media Player to play some tracks on my PC etc. Then I got a Palm Pre and transferred some music to it until Apple outlasted Palm and shut down that capability. The iPod changed everything.

Then I recently got interested in putting music back on my Plam Pre because someone developed a great music player for it; someone on the Pre user site (PreCentral) had first recommended Media Monkey and I downloaded it, but hated the ugly UI. Then someone on PreCentral told me about JRiver. I googled and read up on MC and was impressed by what I found.

After downloading 15, I was BLOWN AWAY! And I hardly know how to use it yet! The graphics and great layout really make it a pleasure to use. And I even figured out how to automatically download my favorite podcast! Then when I saw some of the visualizations, that sealed the deal: I promptly purchased MC.

There's so much more to learn, but a few things I need cleared up ("finally, his question!" ::)  )

After initializing it, my iPod Classic seems to have re-imported my music with MC just fine. Except I get this error message when I start up MC or connect the iPod:

“None of the tracks can be transferred. Common errors include insufficient rights or unsupported file types.

How do I get this to stop? Is there something wrong?

Also, MC's list of files on the iPod under "Status" begins with about 25 duplicates and then about 16 "File not supported" files which are my old playlists from iTunes. These playlists imported just fine under the left hand navigation "Playlists"-->"Imported Playlists" pane (not sure what that pane is called), so I don't know how they got on the list of files for the iPod. I can't figure out how to delete those off the list, either. Please advise.

Thanks so much for any help and thanks for the great software!

(Hey, JRiver: I'm in the Twin Towns--are you open to the public? Tours?)
Pages: [1]   Go Up