INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Latest builds have tag display issues when switching libraries (Matt?)  (Read 773 times)

Vocalpoint

• Citizen of the Universe

Howdy,

In a recent thread surrounding tag assignment (the Organization->Publisher thread) - I wanted be able to display the record label and catalog number of a specific album - if those fields were filled by a third party tagger (in my case Tag N' Rename).

Matt passed along an excellent tip for FLAC and MP3 files that basically stated: Create two custom library fields and name them the same as the Vorbis fields (FLAC) and called Label and LabelNo and if those tags are filled on a file - MC will pick them up and display them.

Which they do. However...

I have two libraries - one for lossless (using FLAC) and the other for lossy (using MP3). If load my lossless library and go to the Tag area and click Tools - I have Show Default Tags checked and under Also Show - I select Label and LabelNo and I do see my tags.

Then I switch to the lossy library and do the same and the tags show. But when I return to the Lossless library and highlight an album - those are not in my default display and I have to reset them again.

This a bit odd in that in each library I have several user generated unique tags that I set to show as default and I can switch back and forth between the libraries and all these ones display correctly - per library.

Something is a bit strange with these two tho. If some could give this a looksee - I would appreciate it.

PS: Also when converting from FLAC to MP3 - the "Vorbis" Label and LabelNO Tags do get transferred but not to the equivalent IDv32.3 tags...they get assigned a tag labeled TXXX (Label) and TXXX (LabelNo). The standard IDv32.3 tags for Label looks like:

Vorbis           ID3
Label            TPUB
LabelNo         COMM (Catalog Number)

Barring the ability to have the Convert plugin do the above for me - is there a tip for assigning these TXXX type tags in my MP3 library so I can see the label data when converting from FLAC to MP3?

Cheers!

VP
Pages: [1]   Go Up