INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: stuttering in Wildlife HD  (Read 2151 times)

BushPilot

• Recent member
stuttering in Wildlife HD
« on: September 14, 2010, 10:15:37 pm »

Hi,

I ran my first video file today...Wildlige in HD that is part of JRM 15 files. I am using wasapi configuration in Windows 7 for audio and running audio is great with my Benchmark dac. However, running the "Wildlife in HD" stuttering is evident. It runs ok when I use kernal streaming etc but not wasapi. Does JR reguire a different video configuration than audio?

Bill

drmimosa

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: stuttering in Wildlife HD
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 07:59:24 am »

I had this problem too, I use an external Nova DAC. Try going to Options/Video: Audio for Video, DVD, Television: Connection Type

Set this to "Digital Connection to a Stereo Receiver"

HiFiTubes

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 08:07:40 am »

I have noticed that WASAPI doesn't play as well as ASIO for video. I finally got everything running really smooth over Library Server with high-resolution MKV and ffdshow resampling to 96kHz....seemless playback.

WASAPI does have some glitches and it could get repaired with the current dev. going for WASAPI. Stay tuned.

Maybe try ASIO4ALL and test.

@ Dr. Mim - Used to have a Nova. Rolled many tubes into the buffer yet?

drmimosa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 09:59:27 pm »

@hifitubes Yes, I put a Siemens-Halski 6fj8 that I bought off audiogon. To tell you the truth, I usually leave it off. I find the tube sound is warmer, but high and low frequencies suffer and the amp loses it's punch and clarity. Did you have better luck?

HiFiTubes

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 10:01:22 pm »

I enjoyed the unit and rolled some CCa in there and even some E188CC. Sounded good to me. It is a buffer, not a true tube output, so I think the difference is subtle. Great little amp/preamp/DAC package though!!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2010, 11:05:59 pm »

Hi,

I ran my first video file today...Wildlige in HD that is part of JRM 15 files. I am using wasapi configuration in Windows 7 for audio and running audio is great with my Benchmark dac. However, running the "Wildlife in HD" stuttering is evident. It runs ok when I use kernal streaming etc but not wasapi. Does JR reguire a different video configuration than audio?

Bill

Please test build 111 using event-style WASAPI here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=59460.msg402736#msg402736

I believe it will fix the problem.  Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

BushPilot

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2010, 12:07:39 pm »

Finally get video working properly when I set it to use my DAC in video options. Video is a challenge for me as I have never used video with my computer and I don't have a tv. Will have to try some music videos on my laptop now that I have it working.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2010, 01:31:45 pm »

Finally get video working properly when I set it to use my DAC in video options.

That means you are using a system renderer, which will bypass the JRiver audio engine (meaning DSP, WASAPI, etc. will be unavailable).

If you care about that, you might try event style WASAPI like I mentioned above.

Thanks.

drmimosa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2010, 03:06:52 pm »

That means you are using a system renderer, which will bypass the JRiver audio engine (meaning DSP, WASAPI, etc. will be unavailable).

If you care about that, you might try event style WASAPI like I mentioned.

Matt,

I didn't know that this setting bypassed the MC audio engine.

For the Event Style Waspi to work for video (using a USB output to DAC), what should the settings be for the two tabs under Options/Video/Audio for Video, DVD & Television?

Thanks!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2010, 03:14:22 pm »

Matt,

I didn't know that this setting bypassed the MC audio engine.

For the Event Style Waspi to work for video (using a USB output to DAC), what should the settings be for the two tabs under Options/Video/Audio for Video, DVD & Television?

Thanks!

The abbreviated options are:
Options > Audio > Wasapi [event style]
Options > Video > Same as audio output

Remember you need the latest from the top of this board to get the new event style WASAPI.

BushPilot

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2010, 04:55:05 pm »

If you care about that, you might try event style WASAPI like I mentioned above.

Thanks.

I tried this but stuttering is still there. I also have a classical DVD recorded on my HD and no sound at all from it. Everything work ok when I use benchmark dac and not the "audio configuration" setting in this version.

Sorry, I didn't see the new configuration in AUDIO with wasapi. Once I did that, everything works "Tickety Boo".

Bill

drmimosa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2010, 01:46:40 pm »

Just got home and tested these setting, they work great!

Comparing to my previous settings via USB output to external DAC, the J River Audio Engine sounds noticeably better for DVD audio output.

Pages: [1]   Go Up