INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Search facility in webremote!  (Read 1366 times)

debt_collector

• Recent member
Search facility in webremote!
« on: June 11, 2010, 02:39:59 am »

Can the team indicate whether a search facility will be available as part of webremote soon? Alternatively, an alphanumeric sidebar which will let me skip to a band name or album etc would be a great feature which will make webremote so much more usable!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Search facility in webremote!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 01:58:33 pm »

I think search would be neat too.

For now, you can group albums / artists by letter using the 'Customize Views' for WebRemote.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

debt_collector

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 09:03:52 am »

I think search would be neat too.

For now, you can group albums / artists by letter using the 'Customize Views' for WebRemote.
Hi Matt.  I did as you suggested but when i select Artists and then on a letter, e.g., B to listen to the Beatles. But then i get a list of songs of all bans begining with B rather than the list of these bands' albums.  So now, i dont have to scroll through a long list of bands but instead i have to scroll through a very long list of tracks instead. not sure which one is more inconvenient. I am looking forward to the adition of a search function to webremote. It is badly needed!

csimon

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 04:28:56 am »

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but did you get it working?

I think what you have done is only added Artist (or Album Artist, whichever one you are using) as one step and told it to group by that.  Which is fine, you get a menu of 26 letters.  But you haven't told it what to do once you have selected one of the letters.  If you don't specify any other items to categorise by, you'll just get a list of tracks in the last category you selected, i.e. all artists beginning with B.  What do you want to see after you've selected B?  The answer is a list of all artists beginning with B.  What do you want it to give you after you've selected Beatles?  A list of all albums by The Beatles.  I think what you need to set up in your custom view is:

1. Album Artist (group by 1)
2. Album Artist
3. Album

So you'll get 3 menu levels to drill down.

1. A list A-Z.  [You then select B]
2. A list of all artists begining with B.  [You then select Beatles]
3. A list of all albums by The Beatles.  [You then select Sgt Pepper]
4. A list of all tracks on Sgt Pepper.
Pages: [1]   Go Up