INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best VFD + IR/RF solution?  (Read 3566 times)

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Best VFD + IR/RF solution?
« on: September 04, 2010, 02:20:50 pm »

Do any of you have a good suggestions to VFD display or similar with integrated IR or RF receiver? I think the display is a normal sized one to fill a HTPC cabinet. The slot is about 10cm x 2,5cm (4 inch x 1 inch) big. I've had a Imon Dpad or something before, but the display is broken, and the remote control is lousy. I've bought a Logitech Harmony 900 now, and I want to be able to Power on and off, as well as to do the basic navigations in Theater View.

- I may not always believe what I'm saying

MrHaugen

Re: Best VFD + IR/RF solution?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 07:53:48 am »

Nobody got suggestions for a VFD display (or similar) with an IR reciever?

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 09:23:09 pm »

I use USB-UIRT for IR pickup (with girder but MC can talk to it directly)
And some old 16x2 VFD which came with my Ahanix case. It was serial but I upgraded it to USB (Ahanix used to sell upgrade kits from Soundgraph - it has a built-in IR receiver but I never tried it - I stick with USB-UIRT).
Soundgraph still sells VFD's.
This is more interesting than VFD, IMO:
http://www.soundgraph.com/fingervu436-feature-en/

--max

Nobody got suggestions for a VFD display (or similar) with an IR reciever?

MrHaugen

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 03:48:57 am »

This is more interesting than VFD, IMO:
http://www.soundgraph.com/fingervu436-feature-en/

Yes, it looks cool. Only problem is that I think that controlling MC with a Win7 Pad with Tremote would be even better. Looking at the HP Slate now, for that purpose. I don't know how well this Soundgraph monitors and software would work with MC. I don't really need the extra display, only a way to easily control my HTPC. The reason why I wanted a VFD is just to get something working into that hole in my HTPC cabinet, at the same time getting a working IR reciever.

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 08:45:38 am »

I was thinking of mounting that small LCD on the front of my HTPC. Not for control but for some info display and coolness. I think 7" is too large for that but 4.3" is just right not to be too distractive.

As to VFD, here's what I have:
http://www.dvinehtpc.com/vmchk/case-accessories/usb-vfd-kit-with-vfd/flypage.tpl.html

--max

MrHaugen

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2010, 09:23:59 am »

Yes, that might look really nice. At least if it blends good enough with the case. You'll probably also have an easy way of controlling some music the times you don't bother to turn on the TV. I hope this Monitors can be used for some media control other than the Soundgraph program though.

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2010, 09:49:53 am »

I looked briefly at their forums - looks like it's just a USB LCD - you can use it as a secondary monitor without running soundgraph software.

Yes, that might look really nice. At least if it blends good enough with the case. You'll probably also have an easy way of controlling some music the times you don't bother to turn on the TV. I hope this Monitors can be used for some media control other than the Soundgraph program though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up