INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Regarding Encoding  (Read 1202 times)

cubanresourceful

• Recent member
Regarding Encoding
« on: September 22, 2010, 08:34:58 pm »

I want to use the latest and greatest LAME and WavPack encoders. It took my quite a while to exactly figure out what encoders J River Media Center uses for LAME and WavPack (3.97 and 4.07 respectively). Now, both of those are pretty old. I read in the wiki to use a newer LAME encoder, all I had to do was drop the lame.exe executable file in the MC Program Path\Plugins and I was good to go. I followed those directions with both LAME and WavPack, to no avail.

If there is something I am missing, please do tell, otherwise, I have two suggestions. :)

1. Make it easier to find out what encoders J River is using. I had to use MediaInfo application in order to find out. J River just writes the Tool and Version in the tags of the music files, but not the actual encoder and version. It would be great for in the tag Encoder or Encoder Settings for it to display "LAME 3.97 -m J -V 0 -q 3 -lowpass 19.5 --vbr-new -b 32" or "WavPack 4.07 -h -x6" respectively. Also, the new LAME encoder depreciated --vbr-new, so if J River updates the encoder you guys should probably update that. :)

2. Have some way, either dropping the executable in the Plugins folder, or maybe a new Encoders folder, or changing a setting in the program to direct its attention to the executable.

Thank you, now on to setting up commandline encoders to do the job in the meantime. :)

cubanresourceful

• Recent member
Re: Regarding Encoding
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 07:07:14 pm »

Anybody have any solutions?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 08:03:20 pm »

Lame is here:
C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 15\Plugins\mp3_encoder
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

cubanresourceful

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 12:43:17 pm »

Ah, thank you so much! :D I am sorry, I should have checked there....

So, one last quick question. If I make a folder in the plugins directory called, wv_encoder, and drop wavpack.exe in there, would it use it or no?

Thanks again for the support. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up