INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WebRemote and WebPlay on Windows Phone 7  (Read 1269 times)

phytio

• Junior Woodchuck
WebRemote and WebPlay on Windows Phone 7
« on: December 01, 2010, 05:14:15 pm »

Hi,

I've been playing around with WebRemote and WebPlay (awesome concepts) on Windows Phone 7 and I just thought I'd feedback how they're working on a device I guess you haven't had much chance to support just yet.

With WebPlay I could access all my libraries, which I was doing over the internet if it makes a difference, but I could only view pictures. When I tried to play any song or video file I was taken to a page that described what WebPlay does.

With WebRemote I could again access all my libraries, but I could only make music play, and then only under certain conditions. If I selected a song to play it would play and I could use all the controls to pause and adjust the volume etc, but I couldn't visit the library on the WebRemote whilst a song was playing and select a new song: the old song kept playing. If I paused a song on the computer I couldn't do anything until the music was unpaused either on the computer or the phone. And finally albums didn't play through, the song I selected just played on loop.

Anyway, just thought I'd let you guys know. Keep up the awesome work!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: WebRemote and WebPlay on Windows Phone 7
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 06:01:14 pm »

Can phone 7 handle M3U files with MP3 streams?

WebPlay has to provide different formats for different devices.

Previous Windows Mobile could not play streaming MP3, so it could require a third-party media player.

Thanks for any details.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

phytio

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: WebRemote and WebPlay on Windows Phone 7
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 06:11:10 pm »

I don't think it does, but how would I test this?
Pages: [1]   Go Up