INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playback of .EVO files not possible  (Read 1305 times)

audunth

• Citizen of the Universe
Playback of .EVO files not possible
« on: September 26, 2010, 09:45:05 am »

Hi!

I'm trying to play back an .EVO file on a HD-DVD copied to my harddisk. It's copied in full file structure, not an image.

When I try to play it in MC, I get a message saying the file type is not supported. But I can find EVO in File types under options. Have tried setting playback with JR Engine/directshow filters, and selected Haali/FFDShow which both are supposed to support EVO/HD-DVD files.

What's wrong? Is it MC that gives the message not supported or one of the filters?
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
Re: Playback of .EVO files not possible
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 03:17:39 pm »

What is the audio format you're trying to play back? If it's TrueHD, DS-HD or LPCM, have you configured ffdshow to handle these?

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
Re: Playback of .EVO files not possible
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 04:06:41 pm »

Playback of EVO should be straight forward these days (as described in Post Three of this thread http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=55171.0).  The error msg you are gettng suggests that a filter graph is not being built (a windows function).  As fitbrit suggested, can you please provide more details on what the HD-DVD is (eg what streams are in the EVO), version of Haali, FFDSHOW.  Have you been able to play any EVO content?

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up