INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Burner absent unless Administrator  (Read 809 times)

Blymyer

• nothing more to say...
Burner absent unless Administrator
« on: April 10, 2003, 11:38:08 pm »

All works well using Win2KPro.  Today my CD-RW drive is not recognized as a burner:  Options from settings menu, CD Writer settings is all grayed-out and an attempt to burn says no writer present.  I log on as administrator, or assign administrator privileges to my usual logon and all's well.  Back to Power User and writer is "not present".  Any clues?  I'm using 8.0.393

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Burner absent unless Administrator
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2003, 04:00:42 am »

Were things working normally with your "PowerUser"? That is, was your burner recognized by the PowerUser, and now it's stopped being recognized? I've had the exact same problem with the MC9 previews. I haven't used MJ8 in such a long time I couldn't remember if I had the problem there.

I'm also running Win2k....

Brad

Blymyer

• nothing more to say...
Re: Burner absent unless Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2003, 10:04:05 pm »

Things were perfect as Poweruser -- I just can't figure what would have caused the change.  This happened once before and really had me wondering if my burner was OK.  But I upgraded my priviliges to Administrator, went into "CD Writer Settings" under "Options" from the "Settings" pull-down menu and then it recognized my burner (no longer grayed-out, showing my hardware).  Only that time, going back to Poweruser kept MJ's grip on my hardware.  This time, no such luck -- I can only burn as an Administrator.  I've reinstalled MJ with no luck.  It's got to be something simple.  Somebody's figured this out, guess I'll have to as well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up